Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: No matter how mental our politics is, US politics seems permanently batshít.

No matter how mental our politics is, US politics seems permanently batshít.

This is a twitter thread alleging that a video purportedly showing famously liberal Supreme Court Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg (who is v. old and rumoured to be at - or even through - death's door) still alive has been faked. The reasoning being that SC Justices are effectively lifelong appointees of the sitting President and thus tend to reflect the politics of that President. Some Presidents. The age of some of the current bunch mean that Trump will be able to skew the SC to the conservative side of things for some time to come. The idea is that the left is doing a Soviet Politburo and pretending she's still alive in order to prevent this happening and in the hope Trump loses the next election.
    Now there are two possibilities here: One is that the poster is just fantastically paranoid, which reflects just how mental US politics is. The second is that he's right, in which case US politics is even more mental than anyone could possibly have imagined.

https://twitter.com/paulmuaddib61/st...32787308994560

Well we are a due a Weekend at Bernie's reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is a twitter thread alleging that a video purportedly showing famously liberal Supreme Court Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg (who is v. old and rumoured to be at - or even through - death's door) still alive has been faked. The reasoning being that SC Justices are effectively lifelong appointees of the sitting President and thus tend to reflect the politics of that President. Some Presidents. The age of some of the current bunch mean that Trump will be able to skew the SC to the conservative side of things for some time to come. The idea is that the left is doing a Soviet Politburo and pretending she's still alive in order to prevent this happening and in the hope Trump loses the next election.
    Now there are two possibilities here: One is that the poster is just fantastically paranoid, which reflects just how mental US politics is. The second is that he's right, in which case US politics is even more mental than anyone could possibly have imagined.

https://twitter.com/paulmuaddib61/st...32787308994560
    Such a post on the day you elect B J as PM Burney!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Such a post on the day you elect B J as PM Burney!
    A great day, bb! My £2 a month on Tory Party membership has been well spent.

A great day, bb! My £2 a month on Tory Party membership has been well spent.
    Enjoy the meltdown ...I'm not sure Boris will have the wum skills of The Donald , intentionally anyway , but some good laughs ahead for you

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Enjoy the meltdown ...I'm not sure Boris will have the wum skills of The Donald , intentionally anyway , but some good laughs ahead for you
    What meltdown? The pound and the FTSE have just risen on the strength of the announcement.

What meltdown? The pound and the FTSE have just risen on the strength of the announcement.
    I mean the opposition meltdown via media and such