Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: since my new kitchen is spectacular I want to redo the bathroom

since my new kitchen is spectacular I want to redo the bathroom

the bathroom is quite mordern as it was done up to sell the flat when I bought it.

However I don't like it and I would like to remove the bathtub and replace it with walk in shower..

However will removing the bathtub be a problem when I am selling it. I don't know if people are touchy about bathtubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    the bathroom is quite mordern as it was done up to sell the flat when I bought it.

However I don't like it and I would like to remove the bathtub and replace it with walk in shower..

However will removing the bathtub be a problem when I am selling it. I don't know if people are touchy about bathtubs.
    Just signed off on my new kitchen Quick question, did you leave your builder with key whilst the work was being done?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Just signed off on my new kitchen Quick question, did you leave your builder with key whilst the work was being done?
    I did, No issues at all really, No leaving windows or doors open that sort of thing after he left.
    I did wonder sometimes what he actually did some days but I am pretty sure he did most of it the last few days he was there.

Microwave dinners for weeks were not so fun.

I did, No issues at all really, No leaving windows or doors open that sort of thing after he left.
    I did wonder sometimes what he actually did some days but I am pretty sure he did most of it the last few days he was there.

Microwave dinners for weeks were not so fun.
    Yeah, can't say I'm looking forward to that. Rather hoping the in-laws go to Portugal and we'll just stay at theirs. Builder reckons it'll take 3 weeks, I'm working to 4 weeks

I fúcked my bathtub out the window when I had my bathroom redone. I hadn't had a bath since we moved in four years ago, so what was the point?
    Some people might be funny about it, I suppose, but only the ones who like wallowing naked in their own feculence.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I fúcked my bathtub out the window when I had my bathroom redone. I hadn't had a bath since we moved in four years ago, so what was the point?
    Some people might be funny about it, I suppose, but only the ones who like wallowing naked in their own feculence.
    Exactly. I never used the bath. I had the thought of doing it once but got bored running the water after 30 seconds and took a shower.

Now it was quite alarming on how many places I saw that didn't even have proper showers (a mixer tap with a short shower head that doesn't even reach head height) when I went flat hunting.
    So I wondered if it was perhaps an Essex thing.

Exactly. I never used the bath. I had the thought of doing it once but got bored running the water after 30 seconds and took a shower.

Now it was quite alarming on how many places I saw that didn't even have proper showers (a mixer tap with a short shower head that doesn't even reach head height) when I went flat hunting.
    So I wondered if it was perhaps an Essex thing.
    Are you planning on having kids any time soon? If so, keep the bath.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yeah, can't say I'm looking forward to that. Rather hoping the in-laws go to Portugal and we'll just stay at theirs. Builder reckons it'll take 3 weeks, I'm working to 4 weeks
    yeah mine was 3 weeks, I told him I was going on holiday on a certain day to get him to finish sharpish.
    Then I regretted instantly telling him this as he would know the flat would have been empty. But nothing happened whilst I was away.

Don't people generally rip the **** out of everything when they buy a new place? Someone who wants a bath is probably not going to be bothered about having to put one in...

After a relaxing soak in the bath, perhaps following excessive exercise, one takes a quick shower to remove the layer of filth

Also, chicks need a bath to shave their areas in.