Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sir C, I took the GLW to Joy Kitchen in Orpington on Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Cast iron pot. You know the drill.

I use the barbecue if the weather's good most of the time. Those ribs of yours could easily go in the oven but the babecue will just give them a gnat's cóck of something nicer. And it's nice to be outside. Tonight I will do lamb rump on boulangere potatoes for which I need an oven running at 200 degrees, so I'll just fire up the Kamado. Tomorrow I'm doing steaks, so guess what? Kamado. Wednesday will see me try a chicken shawarma recipe I found recently... over charcoal, naturally.
    I know it's a cast iron pot, but it's also the term for when you fart in bed and force your partner's head under the covers.

Banana Tree, you say? And do they serve the roti canai in this tree?
    No. it's a mish mash of Malay, Indonesian and Thai 'street food'.... didn't particularly remind me of anything I've had in Malaysia. I don't think you'd like it much.

Tiger beer is ****

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No. it's a mish mash of Malay, Indonesian and Thai 'street food'.... didn't particularly remind me of anything I've had in Malaysia. I don't think you'd like it much.

Tiger beer is ****
    The sooner everyone gets over 'street food' the better. Food is only nice if you're sat down comfy and have a plate to catch the drips.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The sooner everyone gets over 'street food' the better. Food is only nice if you're sat down comfy and have a plate to catch the drips.
    There are few finer dining experiences than being pissed up and having grease falling from your doner onto your shirt
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    There are few finer dining experiences than being pissed up and having grease falling from your doner onto your shirt
    The last time I ate a doner on the walk between the station and home, I had to shower the minute I got in. The missus thought I'd been playing away or something and I had to explain that no, it was just that I was covered in stench and lamb grease.

Thai street food generally comes with a nice table and chairs.

It helps if you're 3' 6", naturally.

Thai street food generally comes with a nice table and chairs.

It helps if you're 3' 6", naturally.
    Then that's fine. Good old Johnny Thailander is plainly an eminently sensible chap. No, it's these pop-ups and 'street food festivals' that are the target of my ire. Handing a chap a styrofoam carton filled with curry and then expecting him to eat it with a plastic fork while standing in a busy London street is no way to carry on imo.

Then that's fine. Good old Johnny Thailander is plainly an eminently sensible chap. No, it's these pop-ups and 'street food festivals' that are the target of my ire. Handing a chap a styrofoam carton filled with curry and then expecting him to eat it with a plastic fork while standing in a busy London street is no way to carry on imo.
    Fair one b, fair one.

Fair one b, fair one.
    Borough Market is full of people trying to eat things entirely unsuited to being eaten while standing up in a busy environment. I remember watching a group of tourists trying to eat laksa from flimsy plastic bowls while being repeatedly jostled. It was inadvertently hilarious.

Gosh yes, that yoghurty thing isn't bad, actually.

I made dahl makhani yesterday. I did it in a Dutch oven over charcoal. Cooked it for 8 hours. Thought I could get that smoky charcoal quality into it, like it had been cooked ina village in the Punjab.

It was shít.
    Good lord. Only on Saturday have I returned from Bangalore where I had the most wonderful dahl makhani (quite my favourite Indian dish) here:

http://dhaba1986.com/

Yummy