Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, with Boris about to enter Downing Street, the big question is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Maybe, but nobody really fancies a land war with Iran. Bloody difficult place to invade.
    Because of the topography or are they a tricky customer from a military perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Because of the topography or are they a tricky customer from a military perspective?
    Geography. It's basically all mountain ranges (for which the US military isn't very well set-up) and the only ways in logistically are really easy to defend.
    Topographic-map-of-Iran-shows-various-physiographic-regions-source-wwwworldofmapsnet.jpg

The other thing is that, as with Brexit, the more hysterical and irrational the opposition to him gets, the more convinced his supporters will be that anyone or anything these idiots hate this much can only be a good thing.
    He certainly knows how to enrage the hysterical. It is rather funny at times.... 😀

The racism is entirely deliberate. He isn't racist, he doesn't give a **** about stuff like that. It's purely to appeal to his base and get the lefties in a lather.

The ultimate wind up artist 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He certainly knows how to enrage the hysterical. It is rather funny at times.... ��

The racism is entirely deliberate. He isn't racist, he doesn't give a **** about stuff like that. It's purely to appeal to his base and get the lefties in a lather.

The ultimate wind up artist ��
    He is the world's greatest troll.

He is the world's greatest troll.
    Of course, there is a sense in which it isn't funny and it has nothing to do with him. The hysterical reaction is now commonplace in pretty much all forms of political discourse. One doesn't need to say anything remotely offensive by most people's standards to gain its focus.

Like most people, I have pretty much given up with trying to have sane and civilised conversation about any of this stuff. Its gender pay gap week this week so I've restricted myself to interjecting with the odd remark about how 99% of our staff are on prescribed salary bands and it is therefore ****ing impossible for people to be paid more than someone else for the same job.

There really isn't an answer to that so it ends the conversation ��

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    When is Trump going to pump a couple of hundred Tomahawks into Iran? Surely that is the inevitable outcome of all this escalation?
    That'll be when he wants to watch Iran pump a couple of hundred missiles into KSA and UAE oil infrastructure, close the Strait of Hormuz, shut off most ME oil, thus tanking the world economy, and losing him the next election.

So any day, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That'll be when he wants to watch Iran pump a couple of hundred missiles into KSA and UAE oil infrastructure, close the Strait of Hormuz, shut off most ME oil, thus tanking the world economy, and losing him the next election.

So any day, now.
    It still amazes me that a mere 44 years or so after Vietnam the Americans still don't understand that having the biggest, baddest military in the world doesn't mean that you can always get what you want.

I've read so many descriptions of their military/intelligence people war gaming various scenarios and the result is always that they can't just threaten/blast their way to success - yet that continues to be a major part of their foreign policy.

Astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It still amazes me that a mere 44 years or so after Vietnam the Americans still don't understand that having the biggest, baddest military in the world doesn't mean that you can always get what you want.

I've read so many descriptions of their military/intelligence people war gaming various scenarios and the result is always that they can't just threaten/blast their way to success - yet that continues to be a major part of their foreign policy.

Astonishing.
    When they see their Team Blue is losing to Team Red, they rig the board so they win. Then they pretend they didn't cheat and spend 18 years failing to defeat the Taliban.