Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Man finds own amputated leg on cigarette packets without consent'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The biggest group of smokers are 25-34 year-olds. If anti-smoking propaganda worked, none of them would smoke.
    I still smoke the packets don't put me off. I just ignore the pictures completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Sorry? You think it is still cool to smoke? Are we back in the 1970's?

Saying the pictures don't work is absolute *******s imo, if they didn't work they would have canned the idea a long time ago.
    I don't think they work. For starters all fags are hidden in shops now.
    They might scare a kid who sees there mum smoke.

I find it intersting Marlboro is still 23rd on Forbes most valuable brands list. Not bad for a company who can't advertise.

Saying the pictures don't work is absolute *******s imo, if they didn't work they would have canned the idea a long time ago.
    Of course it's cool to smoke. There is literally no other reason to do it.

And no. Governments like putting the pictures on packets because it appeases authoritarian. finger-wagging nanny state types like you and makes it look like they're doing something. If you seriously believe government and its agencies only keep doing things because they work, you seriously haven;'t been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't think they work. For starters all fags are hidden in shops now.
    They might scare a kid who sees there mum smoke.

I find it intersting Marlboro is still 23rd on Forbes most valuable brands list. Not bad for a company who can't advertise.
    This is the only possible argument in favour of this - and it's morally repugnant. But these people have no scruples about terrorising and traumatising children in order to get adults to do what they want.

Two words: James. Dean.

Of course it's cool to smoke. There is literally no other reason to do it.

And no. Governments like putting the pictures on packets because it appeases authoritarian. finger-wagging nanny state types like you and makes it look like they're doing something. If you seriously believe government and its agencies only keep doing things because they work, you seriously haven;'t been paying attention.
    I think they smoke because it is addictive...try it for a while and can't give it up. Not rocket science is it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And when did he die? It was cool then, not now
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

This is the only possible argument in favour of this - and its morally repugnant. But these people have no scruples about terrorising and traumatising children in order to get adults to do what they want.
    my grandmother used to smoke and when I was a kid I was probably a little annoying prick telling her she would die and to stop.
    so nothing really has changed.

And plenty of people have sene relatives die in horrendous ways from smoking and still smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Much better in the old days when in F1 it was the black and gold JPSs against the red and white Malboro McClarens.

Wish they'd had B&H. With Mayfairs at the back of the field on a shoe string budget.
    Two absolutely iconic liveries. I still support McLaren to this day because of their old red and white kit. And smoked Marbs for a few years. The Lotus 72 especially was an amazing looking beastie.

B&H sponsored Jordan in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is it also cool to die in a road traffic collision?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”