Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been somehwre unfamiliar on the tube

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, virtually everywhere west of Paddington is 'Here Be Dragons' territory as far as I'm concerned.
    West of Paddington I'm driving in. That's pretty mjuch the M25, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    West of Paddington I'm driving in. That's pretty much the M25, isn't it?
    As anyone who has ever made the mistake of taking the tube to Heathrow knows, there are vast, mysterious wastelands of West London as yet untouched by civilisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Even Wimbledon & Richmond?
    Wimbledon isn't London, is it?

I once went to Wimbledon by tube. Must have been around 1978. My friend Malcolm and I decided to go to Plough Lane to watch Wimbledon, because they'd recently beaten West Ham in a cup game and that struck us as amusing. It took fúcking hours to get there and then the game was postponed. We went to his Auntie's house nearby and she gave us tea and cake.

Good. Fúcking. Timez.

As anyone who has ever made the mistake of taking the tube to Heathrow knows, there are vast, mysterious wastelands of West London as yet untouched by civilisation.
    Some of the passengers on those trains look untouched by civilisation, tbh
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Working at Osterley was a pretty scary experience - particularly when you finished after midnight on a Sunday

And anything south of the river is "here be pikies, chavs and right wing

To be honest, virtually everywhere west of Paddington is 'Here Be Dragons' territory as far as I'm concerned.
    Millwall nut-jobs".

( I think we've been through this a few times b ).

I have walked from Acton Town to Heathrow via all the stations to explore these exotic wastelands. The tube journey now seems tame by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Working at Osterley was a pretty scary experience - particularly when you finished after midnight on a Sunday
    Sky?

Some triffic Art Deco on the Golden Mile though. One day I will write a piece on the Seven Wonders of Brentford. Who knew eh?

I used to think that but know most of it now. You might like leafy Chiswick. Though one cannot get a pwopah breakfast there until you literally cross the border into Hammersmith. West Hammersmith is quite plush too tbf.
    Last edited by Ash; 07-18-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    and had to stop and gawp at a tube map like a tourist, or some sort of yokel?

It's fúcking embarrassing.
    A problem I sometimes have is when wandering around somewhere central with a book in hand pointing out some hidden historical curiosity or significant architectural detail, and someone 'helpfully' asks me if I'm lost or near directions.