Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Have you ever been somehwre unfamiliar on the tube

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    This reads like an Enid Blyton post Apart from the awful swearing of course.
    I’m glad someone appreciated my anecdote, b.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I’m glad someone appreciated my anecdote, b.
    I thought it was going to involve football violence, tbh. Given which, a lengthy journey, a postponement and tea with someone's maiden aunt was a bit of a damp squib.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I thought it was going to involve football violence, tbh. Given which, a lengthy journey, a postponement and tea with someone's maiden aunt was a bit of a damp squib.
    Apparently the first time West Ham and Wimbledon played each other was 1985, so I’ve misremembered something pretty fundamental here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apparently the first time West Ham and Wimbledon played each other was 1985, so I’ve misremembered something pretty fundamental here.
    Yes, that would make you and your chum Malcolm 20, which puts a rather different complexion on things.

Yes, that would make you and your chum Malcolm 20, which puts a rather different complexion on things.
    hmmm, 20, going round to the Aunt's and she gave them tea and cake.... so in other words they went round a spit roasted her NTTAWWI
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Is that the Graveney? If so, I would broadly agree with this.

Pre-1965 it marked the border between London and Surrey.

https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2...-graveney.html

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Mercy me a, you must have passed through the living hell called Hayes Town. Those of us who have lived near its environs simply call it the Open Prison. I knew a Hayes girl who had her anus tatooed to resemble a pouting cherub with the caption "gizza kiss" on her buttocks*

*may have made that up, convinced she probably exists
    Not on the Piccadilly Line, but on the London Loop. Had breakfast there near the canal.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/walking/hay...on-to-uxbridge

Did meet your ladyfriend, btw. She sends her regards.