Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been somehwre unfamiliar on the tube

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Who knows where London ends...certainly not Ryannair imo
    I think that every time I drive miles out into the Hertfordshire/Essex countryside past lovely villages to 'London' Stansted

Face facts, everyone: it's Cambridge Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think you've got London mixed up with Bluewater, mate.
    What an extremely vulgar thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Who knows where London ends...certainly not Ryannair imo

London Stansted.
    London Southend.
    London Luton.

And they can still land at East Midlands instead...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

But they're not suburbs. They're entities in their own right. The same (in a very different way) goes for Croydon. Croydon is technically London, but I grew up there and it's definitely not really London.
    I went to Croydon the other day. We visited something called Boxpark which was actually rather fun (for many reasons). I can also see the lights of Croydon from my garden; about 8 miles, as the crow flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I went to Croydon the other day. We visited something called Boxpark which was actually rather fun (for many reasons). I can also see the lights of Croydon from my garden; about 8 miles, as the crow flies.
    though I'm not sure any tourist board would wish to use "You can see the lights of Croydon from here" as a marketing tool
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What an extremely vulgar thing to say.
    Well I do live near Essex these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, I've been told about Boxpark that there's quite good food and drink there. However, it is just hanging out the back of East Croydon Station, so you can go there, enjoy it and leave without actually going into Croydon proper. Tbh it's all academic to me, since I only ever go anywhere near Croydon to see my parents, who live about halfway between there and Bromley.

I think that every time I drive miles out into the Hertfordshire/Essex countryside past lovely villages to 'London' Stansted

Face facts, everyone: it's Cambridge Airport.
    I drove past Cambridge Airport on Tuesday. Cambridge International Airport, no less.
    You have to wait at red lights in your car if an airplane is landing or taking off, ffs

Yes, I've been told about Boxpark that there's quite good food and drink there. However, it is just hanging out the back of East Croydon Station, so you can go there, enjoy it and leave without actually going into Croydon proper. Tbh it's all academic to me, since I only ever go anywhere near Croydon to see my parents, who live about halfway between there and Bromley.
    I used it for lunching last year when I did jury service. It was rather good. Especially the Korean Fried Chicken place.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

London Stansted.
    London Southend.
    London Luton.

And they can still land at East Midlands instead...
    Don't forget London Biggin Hill.