Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: If there’s one thing worse than automotive journalism, it’s automotive PR.

If there’s one thing worse than automotive journalism, it’s automotive PR.

I’ve just got a 4,000 word press release about the new Lotus that describes it as having ‘pronounced, muscular haunches’

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’ve just got a 4,000 word press release about the new Lotus that describes it as having ‘pronounced, muscular haunches’
    That's a really common image in the automotive industry and actually paints quite a vivid picture for those used to dealing with such matters.

I confess I have very little contact with automotive journalism these days, but the genre has a rich history with writers such as LJK Setright and Cropley at Car magazine producing some of the best magazine writing of any genre.

Nowadays I suppose it's all Top Gear nonsense.

I did like James May's comment about the electric car they made 'It will go like a stabbed rat'
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's a really common image in the automotive industry and actually paints quite a vivid picture for those used to dealing with such matters.

I confess I have very little contact with automotive journalism these days, but the genre has a rich history with writers such as LJK Setright and Cropley at Car magazine producing some of the best magazine writing of any genre.

Nowadays I suppose it's all Top Gear nonsense.
    And George Bishop! How could I forget George Bishop!

squeeze in that it is built by people who'd rather work somewhere else.

allegedly, Lotus is an awful place to work.

*checks glassdoor*

it is...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Lotus started in a small garage in Hornsey. I walk by the site sometimes, and I think it's a Jewson or some such now. There's a plaque.

It is rumoured that the name comes from Colin Chapman's word for his GLF's mimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Lotus started in a small garage in Hornsey. I walk by the site sometimes, and I think it's a Jewson or some such now. There's a plaque.

It is rumoured that the name comes from Colin Chapman's word for his GLF's mimsy.
    I wonder if that's why Chapman favoured the Coventry Climax?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I been by that as well - the small garage not CC's GLF'S m

I've got that as well - didn't get as far as the muscular haunches though. Or in fact as far as opening it tbh