Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What on earth is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Get it wide, get it to the byeline, get it across the six yard box. Keep doing that and we'll be fine.
    Eyebrows at the near stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm sure I remember you all furiously masturbating over Jonathan Wilson as he made what is in essence the world's most gloriously simple sport sound like something that you'd need a PhD in Astrophysics to understand.
    Was he the Inverting the Pyramid fellow? That was interesting from a historical point of view, but his tacticswánking was utterly nonsensical.

Eyebrows at the near stick?
    Spotter's badge for b.

I still miss Ron so much.

Spotter's badge for b.

I still miss Ron so much.
    Much though it pains me to concede it, I must admit you were right. He was the canary in the coalmine. I think you can trace a very clear line from Ron's downfall to the absolute blizzard of moral outrage we see today.

First they came for those who called French centre-halves 'thick, lazy ni99ers' and I did nothing...'

Get it wide, get it to the byeline, get it across the six yard box. Keep doing that and we'll be fine.
    Is that you, Unai?

Much though it pains me to concede it, I must admit you were right. He was the canary in the coalmine. I think you can trace a very clear line from Ron's downfall to the absolute blizzard of moral outrage we see today.

First they came for those who called French centre-halves 'thick, lazy ni99ers' and I did nothing...'
    And how well I remember those who were most rabid in demanding his head: jorge and headgear. That should have given you a clue that you were on the wrong side of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Is that you, Unai?
    Lols. He only even manages to be that exciting down one flank. "Alex you geev it to Sead hon the hoverlap, Sead, you smash eet into the crowd."

Irish my fat jamaican arse. West Brits don't count

That was cricket la. Anyway, b's been telling us for years that the only proper cricket is the one that lasts about a week, and that this limited over nonsense doesn't count.

Are we saying it counts now? Because Ireland I mean 'England' won?
    . . . . . . .

This, from twitter, about some chap we may (won't) buy:

"Not really a 10, although he could do the job there. He’s more of an 8 or a 6. Ideally you want him in front of a double pivot or as one of the interiors in front of a sole pivot."

What is all this cobblers? Was Neeskens a 4 or an 8? Was Zico a 10 or an 8? Was Brady a 7? Were Cruyff and Henry (and Walcott) 14s? How many pivots are usual? Why have people made up a load of meaningless bóllocks about our beautiful game?
    I blame ‘assists’ C. As a doe eyed scamp, I’m farked if I can recall anyone ever carping on about *assists*, or trying to grab vicarious glory in claiming one. Just look at where these joyless stato bores have now led us... Pivots

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I blame ‘assists’ C. As a doe eyed scamp, I’m farked if I can recall anyone ever carping on about *assists*, or trying to grab vicarious glory in claiming one. Just look at where these joyless stato bores have now led us... Pivots
    Assists.
    Key passes.
    Pre-, God help us, assists.

Hell in a handcart, 7.