Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old*******swimb

Old*******swimb

Why does one stop sleeping when one becomes old? I'm in bed by 10 every evening but then I'm awake before 5. I mean wide awake, bouncing around the walls awake. Obviously I have to get up for a gypsy's, and then - that's it, I'm up. So I've got 4 hours to kill before work. Sometimes I do a 5k run and then go for a 5 mile walk.

By 10 a.m. I'm shattered

How're your diurnal rhythms working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why does one stop sleeping when one becomes old? I'm in bed by 10 every evening but then I'm awake before 5. I mean wide awake, bouncing around the walls awake. Obviously I have to get up for a gypsy's, and then - that's it, I'm up. So I've got 4 hours to kill before work. Sometimes I do a 5k run and then go for a 5 mile walk.

By 10 a.m. I'm shattered

Sounds like bed at midnight would help, swot I do. Then a bit of broken sleep one of them due to a jimmy and I generally wake up proper around 8
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Sounds like bed at midnight would help, swot I do. Then a bit of broken sleep one of them due to a jimmy and I generally wake up proper around 8
    It's years since I went to bed after 10. I'd just fall asleep on the sofa.

I wonder if you can buy Mogadon off tinternet.

By 10 a.m. I'm shattered

Have you considered going to bed later? EDIT

I find I wake up at 4, am awake for half an hour and can then get back to sleep for an hour and a half before having to wake up.

By 10 a.m. I'm shattered

In bed by 10-45, alarm goes off before 6 and i think "why the hell am i still doing this"
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It's years since I went to bed after 10. I'd just fall asleep on the sofa.

I wonder if you can buy Mogadon off tinternet.
    I had a bit of a coldy-fluey thing last week, so I used some Nyquil I brought back from the US. Phew, that's good stuff! Knocked me out and I was still a bit mongy until about 11am. Say what you like about the yanqui, but they don't píss about when it comes to prescription drugs.

By 10 a.m. I'm shattered

I've found that by having the last drink before 9, invariably means I can forego the small hours slash. I don't usually hit the hay until gone 11 but usually stir just after 7. That, or the dog makes it quite plain he needs his garden visit.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I've found that by having the last drink before 9, invariably means I can forego the small hours slash. I don't usually hit the hay until gone 11 but usually stir just after 7. That, or the dog makes it quite plain he needs his garden visit.
    You have your last drink at 9, but don't go to bed until 11?

What on earth do you do for those two hours?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Hmm, but that's hours without a drink, surely you become dehydrated, or worse, reality breaks through?

By 10 a.m. I'm shattered

I was awake at 5 this morning - but I'm still sweating alcohol from Sunday. Then seeing the bill and needing more drink to forget it