Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After yesterday's conversation about falling out of love with the Arsenal, I started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

After yesterday's conversation about falling out of love with the Arsenal, I started

to wonder if I'll ever go again.

I mean my last game was about 5 years ago and that was only because it was a corporate entertainment gig. I can't think of anything that would drag me there now and seriously begin to wonder if I'll ever bother again.

The thought made me a bit sad - albeit not sad enough to actually want to attend a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I mean my last game was about 5 years ago and that was only because it was a corporate entertainment gig. I can't think of anything that would drag me there now and seriously begin to wonder if I'll ever bother again.

The thought made me a bit sad - albeit not sad enough to actually want to attend a game.
    Someone posted a video on facebook yesterday of a display at City airport airshow in 1999. It was 30 seconds in before I realised it was me in the driver's seat. This induced a wave of nostalgia, almost immediately followed by a rush of relief that all that is behind me.

Does the poet not tell us that everything must change
    nothing stays the same
    everyone will change
    no one, no one stays the same
    the young become the old
    and mysteries do unfold
    for that's the way of time
    no one, and nothing goes unchanged

Wise words, I think you'll agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Someone posted a video on facebook yesterday of a display at City airport airshow in 1999. It was 30 seconds in before I realised it was me in the driver's seat. This induced a wave of nostalgia, almost immediately followed by a rush of relief that all that is behind me.

nothing stays the same
    everyone will change
    the young become the old
    and mysteries do unfold

It must be an even more likely eventuality for you, I'd have thought. After all, you're going to bugger orf up north and live on a fell at some point and I can't imagine you're going to fancy schlepping down to sit in the Soulless Concrete Dome to inhale the lager-and-onion exhalations of Arsenal fans while something rather dull happens on the pitch.

It must be an even more likely eventuality for you, I'd have thought. After all, you're going to bugger orf up north and live on a fell at some point and I can't imagine you're going to fancy schlepping down to sit in the Soulless Concrete Dome to inhale the lager-and-onion exhalations of Arsenal fans while something rather dull happens on the pitch.
    I resigned myself to never going again a couple of years ago, really.

I still enjoy watching live football when I go to MK Dons, oddly. That might be to do with the fact that I eat a rather good steak dinner, drink my own bodyweight in ale and then stagger to my bed.

I resigned myself to never going again a couple of years ago, really.

I still enjoy watching live football when I go to MK Dons, oddly. That might be to do with the fact that I eat a rather good steak dinner, drink my own bodyweight in ale and then stagger to my bed.
    How does this realisation feel? Does it bother you at all? Or - like me - does the fact that it doesn't especially bother you bother you more?

How does this realisation feel? Does it bother you at all? Or - like me - does the fact that it doesn't especially bother you bother you more?
    As with the flying, a sense of relief, I think. I mean, who needs to go through all that effort? :shudder:

nothing stays the same
    everyone will change
    the young become the old
    and mysteries do unfold

I think you'll agree that George sang it with feeling.

I mean my last game was about 5 years ago
    You still owe Ms A a pint from that game, btw. So if you have a shred of honour and decency ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You still owe Ms A a pint from that game, btw. So if you have a shred of honour and decency ...
    Do I? How very embarrassing. If you give me her bank details I'll happily reimburse that splendid lady.

Do I? How very embarrassing. If you give me her bank details I'll happily reimburse that splendid lady.
    You will wire the monies? Excellent.