Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilarious. They're already complaining that Turing's too white and male.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hilarious. They're already complaining that Turing's too white and male.

This is what happens when you try to appease these lunatics. They'll always want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is what happens when you try to appease these lunatics. They'll always want more.
    I've heard more whining from India fans about the overthrows thing than I have from Kiwis

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I've heard more whining from India fans about the overthrows thing than I have from Kiwis
    Yes. They seem remarkably bitter. What have we ever done to them?

I think the overthrows part was the most entertaining part. It was also a moment when I moved from utter despair to slight belief.

Indian chap that works here insists it was deliberate. ‘Look at the angle of Stokes’ bat when he dived. Not natural! Not natural. He’s doing a cheat’

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think the overthrows part was the most entertaining part. It was also a moment when I moved from utter despair to slight belief.

Indian chap that works here insists it was deliberate. ‘Look at the angle of Stokes’ bat when he dived. Not natural! Not natural. He’s doing a cheat’
    The thing yesterday that keeps nagging me isn't the overthrows thing, it's Trent Boult making that catch and treading on the rope. That just doesn't happen these days. They're so hyper-conscious about it and practise knocking the ball back in. So why didn't he do that? The one thing he wanted to avoid was a six, so surely if he was worried about the rope, he could just have parried it inside? Even if his mate didn't catch it, it would have meant two runs rather than six.

I'm sure it was just a misjudgement, but it was very unusual in this day and age.

The thing yesterday that keeps nagging me isn't the overthrows thing, it's Trent Boult making that catch and treading on the rope. That just doesn't happen these days. They're so hyper-conscious about it and practise knocking the ball back in. So why didn't he do that? The one thing he wanted to avoid was a six, so surely if he was worried about the rope, he could just have parried it inside? Even if his mate didn't catch it, it would have meant two runs rather than six.

I'm sure it was just a misjudgement, but it was very unusual in this day and age.
    Bowler, innit. Never the sharpest.

Presumably he felt that he was futher inside the rope than he was? He did seem to take the catch, take a step back in the process (still inside the rope) & then take a second step back onto the rope.

He was then fairly nonchalant about the grave error of judgement he'd just made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Presumably he felt that he was futher inside the rope than he was? He did seem to take the catch, take a step back in the process (still inside the rope) & then take a second step back onto the rope.

He was then fairly nonchalant about the grave error of judgement he'd just made.
    That was another thing. They all seemed incredibly relaxed about it. I'd have wanted him strung up if I were a Kiwi.

Can you imagine if we'd done that to Australia? A thousand-year whinge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can you imagine if we'd done that to Australia? A thousand-year whinge.
    The Aussies are whingeing about it even though it's got nothing to do with them. One Aussie bookie is refunding all bets on NZ on the grounds that we didn't really win.