Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So those shots that Butler kept playing, where he let’s the ball

So those shots that Butler kept playing, where he let’s the ball

Go by then flicks it over the wicketkeeper.

Act of genius or a dangerous, desperate play?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Go by then flicks it over the wicketkeeper.

Act of genius or a dangerous, desperate play?
    Genius and brave.

I bet Geoff Boycott never played that shot in his life. Not once. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I bet Geoff Boycott never played that shot in his life. Not once. Ever.
    Mercifully it hadn't been invented then, I think. Scoops/flicks/ Dllshans - horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Mercifully it hadn't been invented then, I think. Scoops/flicks/ Dllshans - horrible.
    No place for it in Test cricket but perfectly acceptable in the shorter formats

Be honest, even if it had been the wife beating, traitorous c*nt never would have had the balls to play it. FACT

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    No place for it in Test cricket but perfectly acceptable in the shorter formats
    tbh, I actually like the scoop shot when it's played properly. Much better than these ugly swipes that top edge for six or get clubbed along the ground in a totally random direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    tbh, I actually like the scoop shot when it's played properly. Much better than these ugly swipes that top edge for six or get clubbed along the ground in a totally random direction.
    Reverse sweeps can phuck off 'n all.

Reverse sweeps can phuck off 'n all.
    I've hated reverse sweeps since that fat oaf Gatting lost us a World Cup Final by attempting to play one.

Thing is, you see the youngsters in the nets at cricket clubs and they're all playing these ghastly shots. Ah, well. 'O Tempora! O Mores!' and all that.