Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Knows nothing about football - his knowledge of cricket is generally excellent. Talked up Buttler and Woakes before they were acknowledged as top quality
    Thank you, LA. Now that Woakes is a World Champion; I ought to send him an invoice for my watch that he broke when we were 17.

Same with Wood - who I think has shortened his run and bowls quicker. Easy to be seduced by the whole Holding thing but he was probably just a wonderfully smooth freak
    Yes, the thing about Holding was that his bowling action seemed almost to be a part of his run-up rather than its culmination. I've never seen anyone else even remotely like that.

Mind you, his overs took about half an hour to bowl.

Same with Wood - who I think has shortened his run and bowls quicker. Easy to be seduced by the whole Holding thing but he was probably just a wonderfully smooth freak
    Wood did try bowling off a very short, jerky run up but it didn't really work for him. He seems to have found a nice rhythm now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Thank you, LA. Now that Woakes is a World Champion; I ought to send him an invoice for my watch that he broke when we were 17.
    Did he not receive a Hublot watch for being MOTM against Australia? He could give you that.

Michael Holding must be one of the coolest men on Earth. I love listening to his dulcet tones when he's in the commentary box. Sadly never got to see him bowl, though.

My first memory of West Indian fast bowling was being taken to Lord's to watch Ambrose and Walsh do their thing. They signed my programme which must be gathering dust somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did he not receive a Hublot watch for being MOTM against Australia? He could give you that.
    It's 'Player Of The Match'. Do you not understand what a sexist pig you are being by referring to a 'man' of the match. You have no idea how he identifies.

Michael Holding must be one of the coolest men on Earth. I love listening to his dulcet tones when he's in the commentary box. Sadly never got to see him bowl, though.

My first memory of West Indian fast bowling was being taken to Lord's to watch Ambrose and Walsh do their thing. They signed my programme which must be gathering dust somewhere.
    He was lightning quick, but most pros feared Marshall more because his whippy arm action could generate huge pace and bounce off not much off a good length. Marshall hit a terrifying number of batsmen quite badly as a consequence.

County pros used also to fear Sylvester Clarke of Surrey. He could amble in off a relatively short run and generate extreme hostility, pace and bounce. He couldn't be arsed doing it for long, but when he was up for it, he was frightening.

It's 'Player Of The Match'. Do you not understand what a sexist pig you are being by referring to a 'man' of the match. You have no idea how he identifies.
    Chris Woke?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wood did try bowling off a very short, jerky run up but it didn't really work for him. He seems to have found a nice rhythm now.
    I don't think that Mark Wood is especially robust at the best of times. His bowling action puts so much strain on his body that I don't think he will play a huge amount of international cricket (that or he will have to be used very sparingly). He seems to try and hit the crease at full sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Chris Woke?
    Very good.