Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Thoughts on Jofra for the Ashes?

I was against it...massive step up and he has had injury issues but you know what...back in the day it was non stop for Ambrose and Walsh and today you have someone like Bumrah who has become even more skilful for Test cricket so why not....

Next step is to poach the next Nicolas Pooran. That’s the batting done and dusted.
    No debate about it, t. He's in. I'm looking forward to seeing him bowl with slips and close fielders.

Also, he has a pleasing habit of hitting colonials in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, I'd be happy for Kenya to take responsibility for Derek Pringle.
    I would too normally but then I read his story on the 1992 World Cup and remember he was quite useful for a few weeks. Had Miandad out twice in the final which would probably won it for us (even Miandad admitted both were plum LBWs). Excellent writer too - I would recommend his book

No debate about it, t. He's in. I'm looking forward to seeing him bowl with slips and close fielders.

Carey catching his helmet (oo-er missus) after being hit was one of the best moments of the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Carey catching his helmet (oo-er missus) after being hit was one of the best moments of the tournament
    It was weird that World Cup, though. Even Dermot Reeve wasn't totally pointless.

I think my favourite Pringle memory in that was when Meyrick Pringle played Derek Pringle.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fair play to the chap, he can take a punch. I think if I'd been hit on the chin by a 90mph bouncer, I'd probably have made a bit more of a fuss than that.

...Colin de Grandhomme is a very silly name.
    Is that the one that looks like a fat farmer?

Not sure he can move it away from the right hander, though. Suppose this is less of an issue when you can bowl consistently at around 93mph from about 7.5 feet high. Batsmen will be scared of him having seen him hit a few decent players on the head (the Amla one was particularly eye opening, given the class of player he is).

Imagine Jofra bowling at the WACA

Fair play to the chap, he can take a punch. I think if I'd been hit on the chin by a 90mph bouncer, I'd probably have made a bit more of a fuss than that.
    Indeed - very decent bat as well. ****e keeper though

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not sure he can move it away from the right hander, though. Suppose this is less of an issue when you can bowl consistently at around 93mph from about 7.5 feet high. Batsmen will be scared of him having seen him hit a few decent players on the head (the Amla one was particularly eye opening, given the class of player he is).

Imagine Jofra bowling at the WACA :cloud9:
    You'll have to r. They don't play tests there any more

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Imagine Jofra bowling at the WACA
    At that speed you don't have to be hooping it around. Even the slightest lateral movement becomes well-nigh unplayable.