Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    At that speed you don't have to be hooping it around. Even the slightest lateral movement becomes well-nigh unplayable.
    I feel like he could be quicker with a proper run up. He sort of ambles up to the popping crease, doesn't he?

I think I'd like to see him pushing off the wall in front of the pavilion next time he's at Lord's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I feel like he could be quicker with a proper run up. He sort of ambles up to the popping crease, doesn't he?

I think I'd like to see him pushing off the wall in front of the pavilion next time he's at Lord's.
    Yeah - coz ****ing with people's actions and run ups has always worked so well in the past. Part of his skill is bowling a bouncer that people really can't see coming - the short run up helps this

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

That would be an excellent way of shortening his career. His pace isn't generated by momentum, it's generated by his rhythm and arm speed. He doesn't need to run 40m to be that fast.

That would be an excellent way of shortening his career. His pace isn't generated by momentum, it's generated by his rhythm and arm speed. He doesn't need to run 40m to be that fast.
    And he really doesn't need to bowl faster. He hits 96mph..... I think that is probably quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yeah - coz ****ing with people's actions and run ups has always worked so well in the past. Part of his skill is bowling a bouncer that people really can't see coming - the short run up helps this
    Exactly. Barely perceptible changes in his arm speed create huge differences in pace and bounce. Running a long way in would do nothing other than knacker him.

Oh, I know that. But it looks cool, doesn't it? Should also be coupled with a follow through that results in his nose touching the batsman's grille.

Exactly. Barely perceptible changes in his arm speed create huge differences in pace and bounce. Running a long way in would do nothing other than knacker him.
    You do realise that this is Rich suggesting this, so should be taken with a punch of salt as he knows nothing about sport
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And he really doesn't need to bowl faster. He hits 96mph..... I think that is probably quick enough
    Quite. In this World Cup, he hit a number of good batsmen in the head. That's pretty unusual and suggests there's not much wrong with his action or speed.

Same with Wood - who I think has shortened his run and bowls quicker. Easy to be seduced by the whole Holding thing but he was probably just a wonderfully smooth freak

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You do realise that this is Rich suggesting this, so should be taken with a punch of salt as he knows nothing about sport
    Knows nothing about football - his knowledge of cricket is generally excellent. Talked up Buttler and Woakes before they were acknowledged as top quality