Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now I'm no expert, obviously,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It was absolutely ridiculous. The funny thing was, if we hadn't got over the line, I'd have been cursing Buttler and Stokes for not pushing the scoring along a bit earlier. I did feel they left us with too much to do - Stokes in particular was remiss, I felt. He made up for it with getting his bat in the way of that throw, though.

I can't help but feel bad for NZ, though. They have every right to feel aggrieved. They've been remarkably gracious considering.
    Scott Styris, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    New Zealand cricketers are genuinely wonderful people - all the absolute ****s play rugby and while I agree they were very hard done they can go **** themselves until at least one Kiwi shows any sort of remorse for the assault on Brian O'Driscoll in the 2004 Lions series
    Agreed about Kiwi cricketers. Lovely chaps to play with. Certainly when compared to Aussies and Saffers, who are horrible fúckers.

I do remember that spear tackle on O'Driscoll - and it was an outrage - but I can't say it plays on my mind much. Even more of a disgrace was the ref for not sending both players involved off and the failure to cite them.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Scott Styris, not so much
    Yes, I heard that. I was listening to the replay of the radio commentary on the way in this morning and Jeremy Coney was having a bit of a whinge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    buit isn't 241-8 a 'better' score than 241 all out?
    Did you do your oop norf trip yet?

btw, you may have seen a photo of cricket-by-the-quaggy which I insisted someone include in their journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Agreed about Kiwi cricketers. Lovely chaps to play with. Certainly when compared to Aussies and Saffers, who are horrible fúckers.

I do remember that spear tackle on O'Driscoll - and it was an outrage - but I can't say it plays on my mind much. Even more of a disgrace was the ref for not sending both players involved off and the failure to cite them.
    Never forget never forgive

I'm not listening any of your literary recommendations again. The wolf and the

I see, yes, hmm.

I have discovered a Great Undiscovered Nocel ............
    Watchman now has me in its dark pitiless grip and will not let me go. A tour de force no doubt but I have read things I cannot unread and I am now compelled to finish it knowing I will only encounter yet more Dante-esque horrors

The privations of a Dickens are made to seem pleasant by comparison. It's back to Wodehouse for me after after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

btw, you may have seen a photo of cricket-by-the-quaggy which I insisted someone include in their journal.
    Got back on Saturday. Wonderful, wonderful place. oncentrated on the local fells to Dunnerdale so not much Wainwright bagging but such landscapes and the total lack of people... have booked to go back in September.

I managed to get lost trying to get up Cold Pike in a cloud and ended up doing Grat Knott instead #navigation

Cricket-by-the-quaggy? Journal? You're going to have to give me a little more here, a...

Just checked Facebook. I knew nothing of this Quaggy!

Yopu should have popped in for tea.

Got back on Saturday. Wonderful, wonderful place. oncentrated on the local fells to Dunnerdale so not much Wainwright bagging but such landscapes and the total lack of people... have booked to go back in September.

I managed to get lost trying to get up Cold Pike in a cloud and ended up doing Grat Knott instead #navigation

Cricket-by-the-quaggy? Journal? You're going to have to give me a little more here, a...
    Weather ok I hope, to enjoy all the bucolic stuff, aside from the pesky mist. As long as you get down safely is all that mattress. And in the right valley.

We saw some Old Elthamians playing cricket on Saturday, while on the Green Chain, by the mighty River Quaggy (more of a dirty trickle at the moment tbf). A photo was included in N’s FB post in case you noticed your old stomping grounds.

Weather ok I hope, to enjoy all the bucolic stuff, aside from the pesky mist. As long as you get down safely is all that mattress. And in the right valley.

We saw some Old Elthamians playing cricket on Saturday, while on the Green Chain, by the mighty River Quaggy (more of a dirty trickle at the moment tbf). A photo was included in N’s FB post in case you noticed your old stomping grounds.
    Weathjer was generally lovely. We lost two mornings to drizzle and had some pesky clouds one afternoon as mentioned, but generally it was sunny and 16 degrees - just cool enough for going uphill.

That's a relatively new venue for OE sports, oddly. Being so close to the school you'd imagine they've been there for donkey's years, but back in my day the OEs played at Foxbury, between Sidcup and Chislehurst.