Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WineWimb

WineWimb

I only drink red wine in the summer and I serve it straight from the fridge at about 4 degrees C.

What do you think of that....!!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    I only drink red wine in the summer and I serve it straight from the fridge at about 4 degrees C.

Perfect temperature if you don’t like the taste.

You need B, or C, them ****s drink it like water. I'm a girl so I drink white
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Assuming you’re doing it with supermarket plonk rather than first-growth clarets, it’s perfectly acceptable. It’s done in France in summer with young local wines.

We tend to serve red wine too warm generally. Always worth bearing in mind that cellar temperatures are low and that what used to be room temperature 100 years ago is not room temperature in an age of central heating.

If you buy cheap red wine and drink it cold it probably tastes like bad rose. You might as well buy good rose which is quite cheap and drinks very well chilled as you describe.

You want dry rose, of course, from the Provence or Languedoc-Roussillon ideally.

Mrs WES even likes it with ice cubes.

Any Beaujolais is perfectly acceptable out of the fridge, Brouilly or Fleurie being particular favourites

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    If you buy cheap red wine and drink it cold it probably tastes like bad rose. You might as well buy good rose which is quite cheap and drinks very well chilled as you describe.

You want dry rose, of course, from the Provence or Languedoc-Roussillon ideally.

Mrs WES even likes it with ice cubes.
    No, it tastes like chilled red wine. Very pleasant on a hot day.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Any Beaujolais is perfectly acceptable out of the fridge, Brouilly or Fleurie being particular favourites
    Quite so. I took to chilling a rather pleasant light Spanish red during last summer's hot spell. Very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, it tastes like chilled red wine. Very pleasant on a hot day.
    I shall give it a try but will need convincing. If it tastes like plonk I fail to see how chilling it might make it taste good. It might make it taste less bad but that is not the same thing.

Point really is that good rose is actually good in its own right and tastes best chilled so why bother with chilled red?

Think I have a cheap bottle of Spanish red that Mrs WES won in a raffle, it's a good candidate for the experiment, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I shall give it a try but will need convincing. If it tastes like plonk I fail to see how chilling it might make it taste good. It might make it taste less bad but that is not the same thing.

Point really is that good rose is actually good in its own right and tastes best chilled so why bother with chilled red?

Think I have a cheap bottle of Spanish red that Mrs WES won in a raffle, it's a good candidate for the experiment, I think.
    4c is too cold for any drink you want to taste. Rose, **** red wine, beer. Perfectly fine if you want to nullify the flavour.