Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After that chap fell out of a plane's undercarriage and landed in Clapham, I looked

After that chap fell out of a plane's undercarriage and landed in Clapham, I looked

into this phenomenon a bit more and it's more common than you think.

You do wonder at what point during the 10+ hour flight at 38,000ft with very little oxygen and -50 degree temperatures they start to realise that this might not have been a particularly brilliant plan.

http://www.airpor****ch.org.uk/2015/06/falling-objects/

EDIT: Oh, fúck this site's absurd censorship. The site is www.airportwátch.org.uk but obviously without the silly accent thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    into this phenomenon a bit more and it's more common than you think.

You do wonder at what point during the 10+ hour flight at 38,000ft with very little oxygen and -50 degree temperatures they start to realise that this might not have been a particularly brilliant plan.

http://www.airpor****ch.org.uk/2015/06/falling-objects/

EDIT: Oh, fúck this site's absurd censorship. The site is www.airportwátch.org.uk but obviously without the silly accent thingy.
    It was out of Jomo Kenyatta, wasn't it? So he started quite high... within 10 minutes the aircaft would have been at 20,000 ft and our chap firmly asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was out of Jomo Kenyatta, wasn't it? So he started quite high... within 10 minutes the aircaft would have been at 20,000 ft and our chap firmly asleep.
    No, I think it was out of a 747.

But yes, I think it was. Imagine the surprise of finding that on your lawn. Still, better your lawn than your attic or upstairs bedroom, I suppose.

The chap was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, so he'd clearly planned this meticulously.

But yes, I think it was. Imagine the surprise of finding that on your lawn. Still, better your lawn than your attic or upstairs bedroom, I suppose.

The chap was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, so he'd clearly planned this meticulously.
    "The garden wall was covered in blood"
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Good excuse to get the Karcher pressure washer out, imo

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Every cloud... and all that
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'm almost tempted to give my patio a little spruce - even though it doesn't really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That'll need repointing.

They're not still running 74s, surely? I flew into JK with Kenya a couple of years ago and it was a spanking new Dreamliner.

The only way to prepare for such a journey really would be to wear a space suit and carry 8 hours oxygen :heh:

Someone's already hosed it down, apparently...

the beauty of astroturf, eh?
    Last edited by IUFG; 07-02-2019 at 08:54 AM.