Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We have bid £40m for Zaha today, according to Sky Sports.

We have bid £40m for Zaha today, according to Sky Sports.

Palace value him at £80-£100m. Why are we making insulting offers again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Probably because that's closer to his real value. Absolutely guarantee you that no one will pay £80-£100m for Zaha.
    Palace have him under a long term contract anyway and want to keep him to lure in any potential club takeover investor. Put simply, they neither want or need to sell.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 07-01-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Probably because that's closer to his real value. Absolutely guarantee you that no one will pay £80-£100m for Zaha.
    Palace have him under a long term contract anyway and want to keep him to lure in any potential club takeover investor. Put simply, they neither want or need to sell.
    Perhaps Stan would like to sell Arsenal and take over there?

If Zaha kicks up a fuss about not being sold then perhaps we have a chance.

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of ballfoot?
    Last edited by eastgermanautos; 07-01-2019 at 08:31 PM.

An embarrassing bid.

Palace should just tell us - that bid was such a joke that even if you come back with £100m cash we still won’t sell to you.

I think this confirms 2 things

We really have only 40m to spend hence the reason why we’re trying to offset £40m across 5 seasons and only realise £8m this season.

We can only raise money by people leaving but no one wants to leave.

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about the likes of Xhaka, Ozil, Mustafi etc etc not only are they utterly c rap on the pitch they are prepared to destroy any hope of us improving.

They should man up, accept responsibility for their failures (on the pitch, to the fans, Wenger and Unai) and move on. But nope they’ll keep serving up dogsh•t and bleed us dry.

If I was Unai I would leave...the lad is being mugged about.

I know we’re starting at a higher level ie Premier League winners and consistently in the Top4 but there are plenty of similarities with us and clubs that have been relegated.

It wouldn''t seem quite so embarrassing if Palace hadn''t just received £50 million from United for a promising young full-back with one full season under his belt.

If that is the benchmark, then their best forward - in the prime of his career - should fetch upwards of £80 million, at a conservative estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Because he wants to leave to join us, want to unsettle him and he isn't worth that amount...so there are the 3 answers
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Apparently we’ve made 7 bids for Tiereny...each one £1m more than the last

It’s not an eBay auction ffs

At this rate I’d be happy with Cahill and a bag of discos imo

What did United pay for him last time? He's worth £40-50m, certainly not £80m