Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I must say. The quality of that fluffed air shot before the gal’s

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As I said, you're all a bunch of ...

But the trans-er issue does raise a point. If you ask yourself, which bothers you the most, fake women or women's football, where one has the ability to limit the spread of the other?
    FFS, keep up, A, you transphobic ****

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/s...74757590216705
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

As I said, you're all a bunch of ...

But the trans-er issue does raise a point. If you ask yourself, which bothers you the most, fake women or women's football, where one has the ability to limit the spread of the other?
    The delicious irony, however, is that the selfsame political mindset that demands the promotion of women's football (even though it's shíte), will also insist that cocks in frocks be allowed to compete as women. Like Cronus, identity politics devours its children.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    FFS, keep up, A, you transphobic ****

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/s...74757590216705

"Activist. Healer. Radical intersectionalist poet. Selfless and brave."

Translation: Narcissistic. Divisive. Self-obsessed. Smug. Conceited. Cùnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The delicious irony, however, is that the selfsame political mindset that demands the promotion of women's football (even though it's shíte), will also insist that cocks in frocks be allowed to compete as women. Like Cronus, identity politics devours its children.
    It isn't actually ****e objectively, only subjectively. Arsenal are ****e as well, remember.

But yes, this frenzy of identity politics is riddled with contradictions, which will eventually have to collide and play out. And by then people will perhaps realise that the 'paradigm' is fatally flawed and we can go back to some semblance of normality. What ever that is.

It isn't actually ****e objectively, only subjectively. Arsenal are ****e as well, remember.

But yes, this frenzy of identity politics is riddled with contradictions, which will eventually have to collide and play out. And by then people will perhaps realise that the 'paradigm' is fatally flawed and we can go back to some semblance of normality. What ever that is.
    Well that's not quite true. In fact, I wouldn't be so down on it were it not for the insistence of its advocates on pretending that it is equivalent to the male game in terms of entertainment value, quality and popularity - and thus in terms of deserved remuneration.

If you don't want to be unfavourably compared to the male game, don't try and define yourselves in relation to the it. However, if you choose the latter course, it's perfectly valid for people to point out that in relative terms, women's football is shíte.

Well that's not quite true. In fact, I wouldn't be so down on it were it not for the insistence of its advocates on pretending that it is equivalent to the male game in terms of entertainment value, quality and popularity - and thus in terms of deserved remuneration.

If you don't want to be unfavourably compared to the male game, don't try and define yourselves in relation to the it. However, if you choose the latter course, it's perfectly valid for people to point out that in relative terms, women's football is shíte.
    Oh I see, it's about the money.

Well, let the market decide.

Oh I see, it's about the money.

Well, let the market decide.
    Oh, I agree. But not a week goes by without some advocate of the women's game highlighting the 'gender pay gap' in football - an argument so monumentally stupid and economically illiterate that it is almost mind-blowing. Point out that players of any game can only be rewarded in line with the revenues that game is able to generate and you're denounced for wrongthink.

Oh, I agree. But not a week goes by without some advocate of the women's game highlighting the 'gender pay gap' in football - an argument so monumentally stupid and economically illiterate that it is almost mind-blowing. Point out that players of any game can only be rewarded in line with the revenues that game is able to generate and you're denounced for wrongthink.
    That's a function of the genderpaygapists in general, I think, always looking at the highest salaries in entertainment and media where there are gaps, and then factoring in these outliers into overall aggregates and then pretending that men and women doing regular jobs for regular salaries have massive discrepancies for the same roles, when they don't.

That's a function of the genderpaygapists in general, I think, always looking at the highest salaries in entertainment and media where there are gaps, and then factoring in these outliers into overall aggregates and then pretending that men and women doing regular jobs for regular salaries have massive discrepancies for the same roles, when they don't.
    Quite. And also acting as though the discrepancies exist because of some sort of sexist conspiracy without considering any external market factors. Thus the premise is invariably that Tom Cruise gets paid more than Meryl Streep because he's a man without anyone ever considering whether perhaps it might be because his name shifts more tickets than hers.

There's a thought.

We could devide up the Accounts department into Men Accountants and Female Accountants and treat them as a different profession...

Or, we could do away with male and female sports and everyone plays and competes in the same sports/leagues. Everyone finds their level (regardless of gender or whatever the fúck it is being called today) and gets the reward they deserve.

this. game. is. easy.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”