Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon ideas for next July?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One assumes there is to be a free bar? I put it to you that we are big enough men to neck some filthy ale if it's on Bignose's tab.
    You can't call a chap bignose at his wedding! Apart from anything else, if you did, half the congregation would probably think you were referring to them!

That's a point. Is it a church wedding? Or do his lot catch fire if they enter hallowed ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Their Master Brew is pretty rank, but I'm a big fan of Whitstable Bay Blonde and even the Pale Ale isn't too bad. Spitfire perfectly acceptable, too.
    I'll drink Spitfire if there's literally nothing else in the ale line, but I wouldn't call it acceptable on any level.

I work in Basel.

Extremely pleasant but extremely expensive.

Stay here...

https://www.lestroisrois.com/en/hotel

Weather in July will be like Dubai. If you fancy it take a swim in the Rhine. Perfectly normally for the locals.

Short train journey to other cities or something like the Black Forest. Maybe a watch tour of one of the big companies.

My mate support Young Boys (lol) and it’s him 25 minutes after work to get to there.

Tried all sorts of flight combinations...BA from Heathrow works best.

Side note...considering FC Basel as my 2nd club. At least they have their own burger at McDonald’s. Not having this Young Boys thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I work in Basel.

Extremely pleasant but extremely expensive.

Stay here...

https://www.lestroisrois.com/en/hotel

Weather in July will be like Dubai. If you fancy it take a swim in the Rhine. Perfectly normally for the locals.

Short train journey to other cities or something like the Black Forest. Maybe a watch tour of one of the big companies.

My mate support Young Boys (lol) and it’s him 25 minutes after work to get to there.

Tried all sorts of flight combinations...BA from Heathrow works best.

Side note...considering FC Basel as my 2nd club. At least they have their own burger at McDonald’s. Not having this Young Boys thing.
    A few years ago I got dragged to the BaselWorld watch fair by a massive Asian bloke who ran a sh*tty start-up lifestyle magazine. He said he'd booked us an Airbnb, but when we got there it was a rancid bedsit with only a single sofa bed for us to sleep on, together.

That was a really, really horrible two nights' sleep. No bum stuff, but given the extent of the physical contact between us during the night he may as well have

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You can't call a chap bignose at his wedding! Apart from anything else, if you did, half the congregation would probably think you were referring to them!

That's a point. Is it a church wedding? Or do his lot catch fire if they enter hallowed ground?
    They do it under a canopy, you know. And then they stamp on their glasses.

Savages, the lot of 'em.

Savages, the lot of 'em.
    There is a chair also involved, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    There is a chair also involved, if I remember correctly.
    Yes, the bride and groom get lifted high up in the air on chairs while everyone dances around them. What larks.

A few years ago I got dragged to the BaselWorld watch fair by a massive Asian bloke who ran a sh*tty start-up lifestyle magazine. He said he'd booked us an Airbnb, but when we got there it was a rancid bedsit with only a single sofa bed for us to sleep on, together.

That was a really, really horrible two nights' sleep. No bum stuff, but given the extent of the physical contact between us during the night he may as well have
    Tight arse?

Savages, the lot of 'em.
    I heard they do it through a sheet. And then the woman has to shave her head or something.

As you say, savages.

Yes, the bride and groom get lifted high up in the air on chairs while everyone dances around them. What larks.
    Very vague memories of that wedding, a lot of Columbia's national product was going around and then nearly killed myself driving home as fell asleep and somehow managed not to go under a lorry. Fun times