Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Remember the days when some amongst us were young enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I got the Classic Joe with cart and a bunch of accessories in a package, including the rotisserie and cast iron grills and so on. The whole package was about £1,500, I think. That was 2 years ago and I think it's gone up a bit since then.
    Hmmm. I worry that I simply wouldn't get enough use from it to make it worth the outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Hope the decking will hold out!
    Worth getting this? https://www.bbq-barn.co.uk/product/K...ic-iKamand.php
    That's the shop I got mine from. It's about 10 minutes from my house.

I've been looking at the iKamand but it's taking all the fun out of it, isn't it? The joy of spending all day monitoring the temperature, changing your vent settings fractionally... it's an art, noit a science.

I got the Classic Joe with cart and a bunch of accessories in a package, including the rotisserie and cast iron grills and so on. The whole package was about £1,500, I think. That was 2 years ago and I think it's gone up a bit since then.
    I went with this package https://www.bbq-barn.co.uk/product/K...undle-Deal.php

You do realise that having to actually do some work when I’m using my BBQ means I’m likely to be a far more proficient pit master than yaaaao?

You’re basically sitting in an autonomous car while playing with the steering wheel and saying “look mummy I’m dwiving”!

It's all to do with the Divide 'n Conquer flexible cooking system, the ceramic heat deflector plates and the tiny amount of burning required to heat the ceramic body of the beast. Plus the special shape.

If you have the a look at the Kamado Joe youtube channel, John Setzler will explain everything to you.

You're deeply insecure about your lack of a Kamado Joe, aren't you? You know that this is just another way in which you have failed to be a real man. I would like to reassure you on this point, but, you know... you just keep pussying around with your Landmann.

That's the shop I got mine from. It's about 10 minutes from my house.

I've been looking at the iKamand but it's taking all the fun out of it, isn't it? The joy of spending all day monitoring the temperature, changing your vent settings fractionally... it's an art, noit a science.
    True but I'm lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Spend a few hours on the Amazingribs.com website.
    Let's just remember who got you onto that website. No need to thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Let's just remember who got you onto that website. No need to thank me.
    Yes! I couldn't actually remember who it was (I think I often get you mixed up with WES for some reason), but thank you thank you thank you

to be going to 'Glasto'?

We're all awfully old, now.
    I've just looked through the previous line ups and reckon I stopped going regularly in 1998.

I've been back a couple of times since and realised that if you are - not with a gang of mates and are not absolutely mashed and unless it is perfectly dry weather - it really isn't worth going.

Ah, still, the early 90s

It all started going to shít when they put the fences up, of course.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I've just looked through the previous line ups and reckon I stopped going regularly in 1998.

I've been back a couple of times since and realised that if you are - not with a gang of mates and are not absolutely mashed and unless it is perfectly dry weather - it really isn't worth going.

Ah, still, the early 90s

It all started going to shít when they put the fences up, of course.
    Was it the first year of fences that the unwashed tried to climb over? I had a group of chums, ex-squaddies, who did security that year. They had the greatest weekend ever, beating up hippies, stealing their drugs and selling them on.

Was it the first year of fences that the unwashed tried to climb over? I had a group of chums, ex-squaddies, who did security that year. They had the greatest weekend ever, beating up hippies, stealing their drugs and selling them on.
    1994 - Year of the stage burning down, the shootings, an E death, the Beastie Boys being there. And of course, THAT Orbital set.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”