Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember the days when some amongst us were young enough

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How was your decking cleaning?
    Great fun but think I need to use a wood cleaner as still a bit green in places. Cleaned everything in the garden though

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nice work. I've used mine almost every day since May.

I've smoked, roasted, grilled and rotisseried.
    Any tips for a complete novice?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You won't be able to summon any of the patience you mustered for the first and are going to hate every waking second of it
    I found it far easier going from 1 to 2 than I did 0-1. Love the bones off her, she's an absolute headcase

I'm rustling up some bloody lovely food most weekends on my Landmann (4-hour apple smoked baby back ribs on Saturday), but I am finding the heat management a bit of a pain in the hole.

So am I correct to say you claim you can do a proper long smoke with just ONE chimney of lumpwood on your Kamodo?

I'm finding I have to add another chimney's worth every hour or so - and I'm using the expensive stuff.

I was going to experiment with briquettes instead as they burn for longer.
    I don't measure by the chimney but one load of big block lasts easily for 8 hours and often for 12. That's probably a little more than a chimney's worth, but no0t by much. The Kamado is efficient, see?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I found it far easier going from 1 to 2 than I did 0-1. Love the bones off her, she's an absolute headcase
    Tat's because you roll in at 5 minutes to bedtime and get the perks of being the 'novelty' parent

Tat's because you roll in at 5 minutes to bedtime and get the perks of being the 'novelty' parent
    1 hour and even the glw agrees

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't measure by the chimney but one load of big block lasts easily for 8 hours and often for 12. That's probably a little more than a chimney's worth, but no0t by much. The Kamado is efficient, see?
    Yeah, I've noticed you get a lot more mileage out of bigger blocks.

Got any good fish recipes? Not f*cking salmon.

Big block lumpwood charcoal, restaurant grade. This is a must. A good digital thermometer with two probes, one for the temperature in the dome (the built in one is useless) and one for the food. Experiment with temperature control, that's your most important skill.

Most shop-bought rubs and barbecue sauces are ridiculously sweet. Make your own.

Youtube is your friend, especially here https://www.youtube.com/user/KamadoJoeGrills

and here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC--...3LVD8KvlNzRlcA

https://www.youtube.com/user/BBQpitmasterx

This book is excellent https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010QDG9...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

Don't try to be a smartarse like the bignosed ****. You neeed patience and practice

Spend a few hours on the Amazingribs.com website. It really is a fantastic resource and every recipe I've followed from there has come out bang on.

Your first port of call should be to get 'two-zone cooking' licked. That's the fundamental technique that will result in great food.

Yeah, I've noticed you get a lot more mileage out of bigger blocks.

Got any good fish recipes? Not f*cking salmon.
    Actually I never do fish, I have a strange mental block about all my equipment ending up fishy. Ridiculous, really.