Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Jeremy Hunt has decided a good way to convince the Tory membership

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So he shouldn't have views that don't agree with the voting members? If they disagree with him the Boris will win easily......

I'd rather he stuck to his beliefs and lost than lie through his teeth, win and then change his mind.

As I said, if it is on brexit Boris will win, if it is on other policies then it is anyones guess as Boris is a law to himslef and is likely to change his mind to suit his own agenda
    His views are up to him, but he has no business trying to lead the party while espousing them. To do so is pointless at best and deliberately divisive and destructive to party cohesion at worst.

Though the 'Battle of the Jeremys' at the next GE would have an interesting ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    His views are up to him, but he has no business trying to lead the party while espousing them. To do so is pointless at best and deliberately divisive and destructive to party cohesion at worst.
    He has every right to lead the party if they want him! It isn't only Brexit, Boris seems to have 1 policy and that is Brexit, everything else he says is waffle with no substance, good luck to him if he gets in, and good luck to the country if he is PM
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

He has every right to lead the party if they want him! It isn't only Brexit, Boris seems to have 1 policy and that is Brexit, everything else he says is waffle with no substance, good luck to him if he gets in, and good luck to the country if he is PM
    Wasn't Boris a lifelong EUro-phile who turned his cloak at the referendum as a career move?

Actually that would be nicely symmetrical with the life-long euro-sceptic leading the other party who turned his cloak at the referendum as a career move.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Wasn't Boris a lifelong EUro-phile who turned his cloak at the referendum as a career move?

Actually that would be nicely symmetrical with the life-long euro-sceptic leading the other party who turned his cloak at the referendum as a career move.
    Hardly a Europhile. Boris used to be notorious for his EU-bashing columns in his days as The Telegraph's Brussels correspondent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

No. Boris pretty much made his name at the Telegraph reporting about the iniquities of the EU from Brussels, in fact.

Oh, I see I've d

This is the mistake people keep making. Right now, it is only Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    that they should vote for him over Boris would be to call Brexit voters “Little Englanders”
    Do you actually know what the term "Little Englander" actually means?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's absolutely his fault if he believes that. It's also absolutely his fault if he believes that and then decides to try and lead a party the majority of whose members absolutely do not believe that. It would be akin to me attempting to win the leadership of the Labour Party with a policy platform of lower taxes, lower public spending, law and order and Hard Brexit - in other words, it's fúcking hopeless, pointless and stupid.

Frankly, I wish I had as much faith as you Remainers appear to have in Boris doing the right thing.
    I'd vote for you if you promised all Corbynistas would be sent to a Gulag. We could get rid of you once you'd done that, and you'd become a hero of the moderate wing. A John Smith, pbuh, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Do you actually know what the term "Little Englander" actually means?
    Originally, it meant dirty Liberal anti-imperialists.