Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So we spend 4 years concentrating purely on ODI slogging. The result?

So we spend 4 years concentrating purely on ODI slogging. The result?

There aren't any options for test top 3 who can play a better forward defensive than they can play a reverse-switch-Dilscoop. Yet we're still getting hammered by the Convicts in the slogfest.

Sport's shît. Kronke will have us mid-table in 3 years. With no top 3 and our two proper bowlers about to retire, you can forget winning the Ashes with a bunch of bit part slogger-pie-chucker-keepers.

How's the rugby going? Didn't that all start to go tits up a couple of year ago when Itoje stopped looking world class.

The tennis will be like the '80s and '90s. No male Brit in the 2nd week.

Only the F1's going well and that's going so well it's too boring to watch.

'My name is ODI team, king of kings.
    Look on my slogs, ye Mighty, and despair!'
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    There aren't any options for test top 3 who can play a better forward defensive than they can play a reverse-switch-Dilscoop. Yet we're still getting hammered by the Convicts in the slogfest.

Sport's shît. Kronke will have us mid-table in 3 years. With no top 3 and our two proper bowlers about to retire, you can forget winning the Ashes with a bunch of bit part slogger-pie-chucker-keepers.

How's the rugby going? Didn't that all start to go tits up a couple of year ago when Itoje stopped looking world class.

Meh!

Mandatory
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Meh!

Mandatory
    Really shît atm. The Convicts are hammering us.

And how come you're allowed to say shît in an emojiimywotsit but not in normal text?

Which fückwit came up with that rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

The Sox and Yankees are going to be playing Baseball in London this weekend G...head over there and maybe take up a new sport!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    The Sox and Yankees are going to be playing Baseball in London this weekend G...head over there and maybe take up a new sport!
    Had enough of white ball pie chuckers and ungainly slogs. Fancy a new reed Duke, 4 slips and a gully.

What other sports are there?

I read the other day about the 'Ghanis national sport before they got into cricket. Two teams of horsemen have to use their whips to get a headless goat corpse over the goal line. Sounds ace.Wonder if there's an elephant version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Don't wish to be rude, but he's pronounced it Oz-y-man-di-as.

It's only 4 syllables - Oz-zy-man-dy'us.

Otherwise the line would have 11 syllables. And you wouldn't have the iambs. It's an iambic pentameter ffs.

my NAME is OZzyMANdyus KING of KINGS

Other than that, fair play to him. But I'm a poet, not a musician. {Despite a decade or two of lugging speakers around and owning my own little rig for a while, I can't even keep two records in time. Got 3% music mock o-level.}

My other fave sonnet is Keats' On Reading Chapman's Homer. Do you like that one?