Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I see Afghanistan and Bangladesh are competing in the 'Backwards Third-World Dump'

I see Afghanistan and Bangladesh are competing in the 'Backwards Third-World Dump'

sub-branch of the Cricket World Cup today.

Still, it gives Scotland a break, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

That's Bangladesh who wil be 1 point off 4th place if they win (as expected) today?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I hadn't realised that India struggled against Afghanistan until my India-supporting colleague mentioned it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    That's Bangladesh who wil be 1 point off 4th place if they win (as expected) today?
    Yes. You still wouldn't want to live there, though, would you?

I like the way their fans wave large toy tigers.

Remind me again, how many of the Tory toffs managed to get back from Kabul in 1842? They went in in 1839 with a pack of fox hounds and two camels carrying the officers' cigars, so I'm sure they must have had the backward 3rd world dump well under manners 3 years later.

Also, the capital of Bengal, before the 1905 partition, was Calcutta whose uni let in totty about a decade before Oxford or Cambridge did. So definitely more enlightened.

And how many holy rivers flow through Croydon?

Often dreadfully wet, Bangladesh.

i worked in Bradford for a while......
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Remind me again, how many of the Tory toffs managed to get back from Kabul in 1842? They went in in 1839 with a pack of fox hounds and two camels carrying the officers' cigars, so I'm sure they must have had the backward 3rd world dump well under manners 3 years later.

Also, the capital of Bengal, before the 1905 partition, was Calcutta whose uni let in totty about a decade before Oxford or Cambridge did. So definitely more enlightened.

A bit like how the US breezed into Afghanistan in 2001, knocked over the bad guys and , um, 18 years later are still failing to get control.

And ONE holy river flows through Croydon. The mighty Wandle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Tbf, g, whilst I bow to know man in my appreciation of the delights of the *ahem* 'developing world' metropolis, you must admit that the term 'thrid world shíthole' coulkd easily have been invented for Dacca. And, by some strange coincidence, I have a new Afghani chum, and he told me recently how he was talk to strip and reassemble an AK47 by the time he was 8 years old because, 'Anyone could try to kill you at any time'.