Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone wanna share two season tickets next season

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sounds exciting! Imagine being on a train from the south of London and arriving at St Pancreas! It's madness!

Mind you, I got off a train at Blackfriars recently and found that I was on a bridge! Over the river!

The things you see these days. Unbelievable. Technology, I suppose. :shakesheadinamazement:
    It's cos of the sweary boatmen, C.

In the late C18th, they built some pleasure gardens at Vauxhall. {cf Vanity Fair.} It had a bandstand, booze-wallahs and "Turkish food emporia" which I guess is how your late Georgian toffs referred to kebabs.

But it went bust cos the ladies didn't like the uncouth language of the boatmen and stopped going there for nights out.

Thus they had to invent the bridge. Music, booze and a kebab, followed by a journey home in a vehicle controlled by a Londoner with a poorer command of English than oneself. How times change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    It's cos of the sweary boatmen, C.

In the late C18th, they built some pleasure gardens at Vauxhall. {cf Vanity Fair.} It had a bandstand, booze-wallahs and "Turkish food emporia" which I guess is how your late Georgian toffs referred to kebabs.

But it went bust cos the ladies didn't like the uncouth language of the boatmen and stopped going there for nights out.

Thus they had to invent the bridge. Music, booze and a kebab, followed by a journey home in a vehicle controlled by a Londoner with a poorer command of English than oneself. How times change.
    All of the pleasure gardens, all over London, went out of fashion as they got too rowdy and disreputable. Ladies of negotiable affection, and so on.