Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
It was interesting to me that his next door neighbour happened to have a device capable of recording sounds remarkably clearly through a wall, as well as the number of a Guardian journalist to hand. It's almost as if they've been anticipating raking up some muck.

On the other hand, Boris doesn't help himself, does he? If anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's Boris.

He is also clearly a mendacious, immoral megalomaniacal halfwit. Not that any of that should influence whether his is PM, of course; but it is something to ponder the next time he does his amiable buffoon schtick.
Aren't they theatre directors or something? I've got a barely used* Tascam sound recorder in the drawer next to me that would pick up everything the neighbours said if the input was set to directional. And if I plugged our Sennheiser mic in and pointed it in the right direction, I could probably hear what's happening in Berni's shed.

*I did take it to the British Library in 2014 for the debate on the causes of WW1, with Gary Sheffield and the OU's Annika Mombauer on the sensible side of the debate. Got a copy of that in dropbox if you want a listen. I recorded it in .wav so it's a big file, but top quality.