Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, BoJo or JHunt then?

So, BoJo or JHunt then?

BoJo seems more committed to an Oct 31 exit at all costs, which I like. However he also seems more a buffoon who might be capable of something really stupid.

JHunt is an Old Carthusian, top marks there, and he seems more level headed. But he’s a closet Remainer of sorts (hard to keep track) without the balls to commit to another referendum (which I also like).

I’m on the fence at this point

Boris, naturally #TeamHenley-on-Thames

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    BoJo seems more committed to an Oct 31 exit at all costs, which I like. However he also seems more a buffoon who might be capable of something really stupid.

JHunt is an Old Carthusian, top marks there, and he seems more level headed. But he’s a closet Remainer of sorts (hard to keep track) without the balls to commit to another referendum (which I also like).

I’m on the fence at this point
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Boris, naturally #TeamHenley-on-Thames
    It's going to be Boris. The sheer ferocity with which the Remain establishment is attacking him tells you that for anyone who actually wants to Leave the EU, there is no alternative. The fact they'd prefer Hunt tells you he's the enemy.

It's also amusing watching the attempted smear job regarding this domestic backfiring on them and their utter bemusement at the fact that it's not damaging him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's going to be Boris. The sheer ferocity with which the Remain establishment is attacking him tells you that for anyone who actually wants to Leave the EU, there is no alternative. The fact they'd prefer Hunt tells you he's the enemy.

It's also amusing watching the attempted smear job regarding this domestic backfiring on them and their utter bemusement at the fact that it's not damaging him.
    It was interesting to me that his next door neighbour happened to have a device capable of recording sounds remarkably clearly through a wall, as well as the number of a Guardian journalist to hand. It's almost as if they've been anticipating raking up some muck.

On the other hand, Boris doesn't help himself, does he? If anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's Boris.

He is also clearly a mendacious, immoral megalomaniacal halfwit. Not that any of that should influence whether his is PM, of course; but it is something to ponder the next time he does his amiable buffoon schtick.

It's not about damaging him now, though. It's about damaging him ahead of the next General Election.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was interesting to me that his next door neighbour happened to have a device capable of recording sounds remarkably clearly through a wall, as well as the number of a Guardian journalist to hand. It's almost as if they've been anticipating raking up some muck.

On the other hand, Boris doesn't help himself, does he? If anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's Boris.

He is also clearly a mendacious, immoral megalomaniacal halfwit. Not that any of that should influence whether his is PM, of course; but it is something to ponder the next time he does his amiable buffoon schtick.
    Oh, the fact that it's such a clearly orchestrated campaign of smears is one of the things that's rendering it wholly ineffective. It really is ant the stage now that if you see the usual suspects on the warpath against Johnson, it only makes one more determined to vote for him. They probably hoped that he would do the damage for them by saying something idiotic, but since whoever's running his campaign is wisely limiting his public appearances, they're left to fall back on this sort of attack - which is wholly counterproductive.

And I hold no brief for Boris's soul - indeed I largely agree with you. However, I increasingly think such a person may be exactly what we need at this stage. We've had three years of the careful, considered, technocratic approach and here we still are. If what it takes to get us out is a wilful, capricious buffoon, then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It's not about damaging him now, though. It's about damaging him ahead of the next General Election.
    Yes, and it might have worked once upon a time. But we're in different times now and it won't cut through. The only people with whom this has traction are those who would never vote for him anyway.

Yes, and it might have worked once upon a time. But we're in different times now and it won't cut through. The only people with whom this has traction are those who would never vote for him anyway.
    Well seeming as you have such a fine recent record of predicting voter behaviour...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Well seeming as you have such a fine recent record of predicting voter behaviour...
    My overall record is still better than any other **** on here, so...

Look, the fact is that Brexit has polarised things to such an extent that those who want Brexit would basically vote for whoever they think has the best chance of delivering it, while those who don't will vote for whoever they think has the best chance of stopping it. A Tory party with a clear pro-Brexit message and (it would seem certain) a deal with the Brexit Party will clean up regardless of minor crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Indeed he is, but he has absolutely no principles and that's something we need in our next PM.