Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: In 30 Bundesliga games (21 starts) Serge Gnabry got 10 goals and 5 assists.

In 30 Bundesliga games (21 starts) Serge Gnabry got 10 goals and 5 assists.

We've got Iwobi and Mhikky and Ozil and no Rambo.

I knew we should have kept him.

I know fûck all about footie but even I could see he had class.

Bet we spend half our transfer budget on some donkey who isn't half as good.

And he was a Serge G who was a black Kraut not a white Frog. "Je T'aime,...Moi Non Plus."

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We've got Iwobi and Mhikky and Ozil and no Rambo.

I knew we should have kept him.

I know fûck all about footie but even I could see he had class.

Bet we spend half our transfer budget on some donkey who isn't half as good.

And he was a Serge G who was a black Kraut not a white Frog. "Je T'aime,...Moi Non Plus."
    I've argued the same, Ganpati, but the knuckleheads on this board don't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I've argued the same, Ganpati, but the knuckleheads on this board don't listen.
    He got injured , then sent out on loan to bloody Tony Pulis at West Brom where he wasnt played ...came.back all disillusioned and decided he wanted out . Arsenal sold him instead of letting him run down his contract....this might be all imagined by me , but thats how i remember it

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    He got injured , then sent out on loan to bloody Tony Pulis at West Brom where he wasnt played ...came.back all disillusioned and decided he wanted out . Arsenal sold him instead of letting him run down his contract....this might be all imagined by me , but thats how i remember it
    If thats the case he shouldn't have been such a pvssy. Germans are supposed to be tough. Pfft.

This is where the club really can't win. If we kept him and allowed him to run down his contract and leave on a free then the club are criticised for allowing that to happen. If we cash in on him whilst he still has some value then the club are criticised for not keeping him. Despite showing potential, when he left us he hadn't broken in and established himself in the first team. Yes, it is easy now with hindsight to say he was going to be a top player, but I would argue there have been many players who showed the same level of potential at the same point as him who didn't go on and make it. Bottom line is he wanted to leave so it came down to either cashing in or letting him run his contract down. Sadly we can't stockpile reserve and loan players indefinitely against their will, that is kind of illegal. Well unless you are Chelsea of course.

Yes it was a ridiculous loan deal we accepted. We obviously must have accepted the highest paying loan deal rather than the one that would benefit the player most/increase his value. West Brom already had about 4 wingers when we agreed the deal and obviously played a more rugby league style rather than football which didn't help him.

In seemed like Wenger learned nothing from the Anthony Stokes deal. Before falkirk took him on loan. Nail Quinn and Sunderland had him on a short trail with a view to buying him for £500'000. They didn't see enough in him so didn't bother with the deal. So then we end up loaning him to Falkirk, a Mickey Mouse team in a Mickey Mouse league. The boy ends up destroying that league, best player and top scorer with about 7 goals ahead of the next nearest halfway into the season. Sunderland end up coming in at the winter window and then buy Stokes for £2.1m possibly rising to £4m.

I think my favourite thing about Anthony Stokes is he now plays for a team called

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Yes it was a ridiculous loan deal we accepted. We obviously must have accepted the highest paying loan deal rather than the one that would benefit the player most/increase his value. West Brom already had about 4 wingers when we agreed the deal and obviously played a more rugby league style rather than football which didn't help him.

In seemed like Wenger learned nothing from the Anthony Stokes deal. Before falkirk took him on loan. Nail Quinn and Sunderland had him on a short trail with a view to buying him for £500'000. They didn't see enough in him so didn't bother with the deal. So then we end up loaning him to Falkirk, a Mickey Mouse team in a Mickey Mouse league. The boy ends up destroying that league, best player and top scorer with about 7 goals ahead of the next nearest halfway into the season. Sunderland end up coming in at the winter window and then buy Stokes for £2.1m possibly rising to £4m.
    Tractor Sazi in Iran. Aside from the amusing name, playing in Iran hardly fits in with his reputation as a hard-drinker

I agree about the injuries, but after those first couple of games he played in the first team, it was clear he'd be a top player. There was just something about him I really liked. More than the Ox. What happened to those other ones people banged on about. Jeff and that Septic pseudo-Kraut kid?