Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlogWIMB. How long can the likes of Arseblogger be able to keep it up if we're shît?

BlogWIMB. How long can the likes of Arseblogger be able to keep it up if we're shît?

When we were signing Ozil and Alexis and were often just a couple of players (striker, DM, for example) from a squad that could challenge, there was real hope.

But we know that the squad needs major surgery, that we've lost Rambo and Welbz for free, that we swapped Alexis for an overpaid Mhikky, that Ozil has done nothing in 18 months, and those two and Mustafi will just sit and take the wages.

We're a Europa League team with a Europa League budget, and there's no hope that the owner will cough up to sort it out. No-one would believe we were trying to spend £100m on a player any more.

Given the squad and its wages, there's no hope of us rebuilding properly. I just wonder what's happening to blog page hits. That Palmer at ANR gave up a few years back when he realised that he wouldn't be able to keep flogging his AW book with an update every couple of years.

How are other blogs dealing with the Kronke sole owner era?

Andrew Mangan (Arseblog) is earning something from voluntary subscriptions to his audio content, as are some other podcasters. Also, he often says that there is more to talk about when things are going badly then when things are going well. #Content

So he's fine, but many blogs have fallen in recent years. Even Cultured Left Foot is stuttering now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    that Ozil has done nothing in 18 months
    he's planned a wedding

and, tbf, respect to him for his charitable donations.

But he has been rather dogshít at his day job, granted.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    When we were signing Ozil and Alexis and were often just a couple of players (striker, DM, for example) from a squad that could challenge, there was real hope.

But we know that the squad needs major surgery, that we've lost Rambo and Welbz for free, that we swapped Alexis for an overpaid Mhikky, that Ozil has done nothing in 18 months, and those two and Mustafi will just sit and take the wages.

We're a Europa League team with a Europa League budget, and there's no hope that the owner will cough up to sort it out. No-one would believe we were trying to spend £100m on a player any more.

Given the squad and its wages, there's no hope of us rebuilding properly. I just wonder what's happening to blog page hits. That Palmer at ANR gave up a few years back when he realised that he wouldn't be able to keep flogging his AW book with an update every couple of years.

How are other blogs dealing with the Kronke sole owner era?
    The worse the club does the better for Bloggers and youtubers.
    I am sure AFTV's biggest hits are when MRDT goes mental. 'relax your gums'

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Andrew Mangan (Arseblog) is earning something from voluntary subscriptions to his audio content, as are some other podcasters. Also, he often says that there is more to talk about when things are going badly then when things are going well. #Content

So he's fine, but many blogs have fallen in recent years. Even Cultured Left Foot is stuttering now.
    He's an AWIMB alumnus!

Andrew has to be lauded for starting something from scratch and remaining on the cutting edge of the internet 'fanzine' and he's done it with much thought and care. He launched a podcast when most of us didn't know what a podcast was. It should also be noted that, given his voiceover skill set, he has always invested in making it sound excellent at all times. It's a balancing act to remain a 'fan' site while still maintaining the professionalism necessary. He's now amongst the leaders in embracing the women's soccerball thoughtfully while still being the home of The Arsenal Gentleman. One other thing to consider is that he has reached out to the non-English Arsenal fan, taking trips to Australia as well as USA! USA!! USA!!!. I think he's done it right, although when it comes to politics he's my Irish 'Frenemy' .. and that actually goes back to the Ol' Days on AWIMB!

What was his handle on here Chief?

. . . . . . . . .

I think he moved on just before or around the time I joined so that was 2007 I think. I think he was most active on the old Awimb before the last one with Treeview that was then replaced by this pile of steaming shít. He has mentioned Awimb a few times over the years in his blog though.

The handle I knew him as was arseblogger.

Seriously.

Back in the day when we had a live chat area we used on match days and with the likes of Jude, Greg Mitchell, Fatneck and those catholic kids who studying Religion at uni while saving up to go visit the Vatican.

Back then quite a few people were trying to start their own sites.

We even had some crazy Irish kid....can’t remember his name...think it started with O and he was in the 3rd team at Cambridge...yeah he tried to start a rival message board!

Don’t think he spent too long here before arseblog was started with its own forums and separate news commentaries.

I do remember Lydia Hislop from the old Racing UK station saying on here that she was surprised when Arseblog sent her one of their automatic Happy Birthday messages. This was like more than a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    He's an AWIMB alumnus!

Andrew has to be lauded for starting something from scratch and remaining on the cutting edge of the internet 'fanzine' and he's done it with much thought and care. He launched a podcast when most of us didn't know what a podcast was. It should also be noted that, given his voiceover skill set, he has always invested in making it sound excellent at all times. It's a balancing act to remain a 'fan' site while still maintaining the professionalism necessary. He's now amongst the leaders in embracing the women's soccerball thoughtfully while still being the home of The Arsenal Gentleman. One other thing to consider is that he has reached out to the non-English Arsenal fan, taking trips to Australia as well as USA! USA!! USA!!!. I think he's done it right, although when it comes to politics he's my Irish 'Frenemy' .. and that actually goes back to the Ol' Days on AWIMB!
    Good points and well made, Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The handle I knew him as was arseblogger.

Seriously.

Back in the day when we had a live chat area we used on match days and with the likes of Jude, Greg Mitchell, Fatneck and those catholic kids who studying Religion at uni while saving up to go visit the Vatican.

Back then quite a few people were trying to start their own sites.

We even had some crazy Irish kid....can’t remember his name...think it started with O and he was in the 3rd team at Cambridge...yeah he tried to start a rival message board!

Don’t think he spent too long here before arseblog was started with its own forums and separate news commentaries.

I do remember Lydia Hislop from the old Racing UK station saying on here that she was surprised when Arseblog sent her one of their automatic Happy Birthday messages. This was like more than a decade ago.
    If Fatneck still banned?