Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I mean obviously women's football has made some great strides forward over recent

I mean obviously women's football has made some great strides forward over recent

years.

The standard is clearly heading in the right direction and there is still plenty of room for this piece of the market to grow.

However, is it just me that still cannot watch it without continually having a conversation with myself in my mind going "yes" "yes" "no" "maybe after a few beers" "never in a million years" "yes" "yes" etc etc

Er, Marve, you seem to have mistaken this place in the first instance for one that is not, for the most part, utterly hostile to the concept of women even being allowed to play competitive sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Er, Marve, you seem to have mistaken this place in the first instance for one that is not, for the most part, utterly hostile to the concept of women even being allowed to play competitive sport.
    Said it before and I'll say it again, women's winter sports are equally as good to watch as their male counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Said it before and I'll say it again, women's winter sports are equally as good to watch as their male counterparts.
    Do you mean like when they play with the yellow football?

Do they really get competitive about it then? I just assumed that after the match they all stripped off into a great big bath together and lezzed off for an hour or so.

Women's tennis is thoroughly watchable. Different game from the men in terms of power and speed but still very watchable.

Women's cricket is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Women's tennis is thoroughly watchable. Different game from the men in terms of power and speed but still very watchable.

Women's cricket is rubbish.
    Although the England wicket keeper is very, very good indeed

Although the England wicket keeper is very, very good indeed
    You mean you would? Or you already have?

I'm thinking of going to watch the Arsenal women next season instead of the men. It can hardly be any less entertaining, and they win stuff. Boreham Wood is easy to get to from Kentish Town.

I'm thinking of going to watch the Arsenal women next season instead of the men. It can hardly be any less entertaining, and they win stuff. Boreham Wood is easy to get to from Kentish Town.
    Attending a pre-season friendly in Peterborough = massive gayer
    Attending a chick's game coz you're upset your team is only the fifth best in the country = totally fine