Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's odd that the people of Peterborough would be happy to elect

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Funnily enough, during my only ever visit to Peterborough (for a pre-season friendly with Arsenal about 20 years ago) I was in a cafe before the game and noticed someone had dropped a wad of notes on the floor.

My response to this discovery may explain what the locals (rightfully) have against my type.
    That was probably someone's only means of paying his gas bill. Or the bailiffs. Or the loan shark.

People are probably dead/in prison/in care/on the game because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I watched our Europa League semi-final defeat last year in a Wetherspoons in Peterborough. En route to 't north

I'm going to overnight in Peterborough in a couple of weeks. En route to 't north!
    A rather splendid cathedral that town 50s and 60s town planners decided it would be wise to surround with utter shíte.

See also: Hereford and Worcester.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A rather splendid cathedral that town 50s and 60s town planners decided it would be wise to surround with utter shíte.

See also: Hereford and Worcester.
    Yes, I saw the cathedral. The rest of it was a bit of a shíthole mind.

I must research a good Indian restaurant. When one overnights on a Thursday en route to 't Lakes one eat Indian food, right? That's just how it is.

Yes, I saw the cathedral. The rest of it was a bit of a shíthole mind.

I must research a good Indian restaurant. When one overnights on a Thursday en route to 't Lakes one eat Indian food, right? That's just how it is.
    It's as good a rule as any - particularly if you can't find an all-you-can-eat chinky.

Tonight, I shall be eating Italian sausages with peppers and onions. FAGGEDABADIT!

It's as good a rule as any - particularly if you can't find an all-you-can-eat chinky.

Tonight, I shall be eating Italian sausages with peppers and onions. FAGGEDABADIT!
    Did I make those snossidges? No, I think not.

Tomorrow I will make snossidges.

Did I make those snossidges? No, I think not.

Tomorrow I will make snossidges.
    Are you going to eat them with peppers and onions? In a sandwich?

I watched our Europa League semi-final defeat last year in a Wetherspoons in Peterborough. En route to 't north

I'm going to overnight in Peterborough in a couple of weeks. En route to 't north!
    Can you not get a bit further up the road? We found another place to breakfast in the post-Little-Chef apocalypse that is the A1. It's a little pub/hotel by 'side of 'road somewhere near Stibbington (though not the legendary diner itself). We sat there in the window seat eating our breakfast and watching cars go by. So romantic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can you not get a bit further up the road? We found another place to breakfast in the post-Little-Chef apocalypse that is the A1. It's a little pub/hotel by 'side of 'road somewhere near Stibbington (though not the legendary diner itself). We sat there in the window seat eating our breakfast and watching cars go by. So romantic!
    I think he should go to one of the many former Little Chefs that's now a sex shop. For research purposes, you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We'll be leaving after work on Thursday, so with luck Peterborough can be reached by 8 pm - in time for a nice meal and an early night. Plus, bear in mind that we're generally on the road by 6 am, so we reach Ulverston for lunch by 12, into Booths for supplies, arrive cottage (whose location is described as 'high on a fellside above the Duddon Valley, access only really suitable with a 4x4) for about 3.

This is all planned like a military operation.

I'm interested in your breakfast location. Stibbington, you say?

Are you going to eat them with peppers and onions? In a sandwich?
    I haven't decided. I thought maybe on puy lentils.