Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It's odd that the people of Peterborough would be happy to elect

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I'm sure we've all tried a linen suit at some point in our lives. Only once though.....

I go to Peterborough fairly regularly. THe first time I went I didnt think it could get any worse but it most certainly has.
    Yes. This one was cheap, though (although it didn't seem so at the time given my age and relative impecuniousness), so I thought I looked the dog's nads for the first couple of wears, but after that - no matter how often it was pressed - I looked like I'd fashioned a suit out of potato sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Home of EMAP and the Posh?

No, it is pretty terrible. I once got talked into buying a very, very ill-advised baggy linen suit in Peterborough.

In my defence, it was the mid-90s, but even so.
    John built me a linen suit. Linen and mohair, actually. The look I asked for was 'ageing páedophile at the bar of the FCC in Phnom Penh waiting to bugger a small child in an opium den'. He achieved this perfectly.

Not really, no. Your approach leaves you stranded in Peterborough. Why would anyone do that voluntarily....?

Particularly a gentleman of your disposition....
    To be fair, there aren't many good options on that bit of the A1. Stamford? Grantham? God help us Newark? Peterborough is very much the best of a bad bunch.

Not really, no. Your approach leaves you stranded in Peterborough. Why would anyone do that voluntarily....?

Particularly a gentleman of your disposition....
    I'm not stranded in Peterborough, am I? I'm going to eat Indian food and drink several alcoholic beverages, then sleep the sleep of the just until, awoken by the sunrise, I continue my journey refreshed and rested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    John built me a linen suit. Linen and mohair, actually. The look I asked for was 'ageing páedophile at the bar of the FCC in Phnom Penh waiting to bugger a small child in an opium den'. He achieved this perfectly.
    To be fair, he didn't really need to make you a suit in order to achieve that look.

:tapin:

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, he didn't really need to make you a suit in order to achieve that look.

:tapin:
    He just showed the tailor a picture of you in your linen suit and jobs a good un
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar