Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir C, you're outta PM storage but my tyres are inflated. Cheers for that.

Sir C, you're outta PM storage but my tyres are inflated. Cheers for that.

I'd have been screwed if you hadn't explained tyre sizes as the manual had two pages of pressure settings, but I haven't got a clue what model we have.

So I looked for the X/Y R14 on the tyre and looked at the manual and that narrowed it down to a quarter page. We don't have a van or a 1.6 so I knew which settings to use.

I feel so manly. My beloved is impressed.

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'd have been screwed if you hadn't explained tyre sizes as the manual had two pages of pressure settings, but I haven't got a clue what model we have.

So I looked for the X/Y R14 on the tyre and looked at the manual and that narrowed it down to a quarter page. We don't have a van or a 1.6 so I knew which settings to use.

I checked mine the other day, 25's in the rears (not too bad) 8 and 12 in the fronts
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

You're welcome, old chap.

Next we'll talk you through an oil and filters service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're welcome, old chap.

Next we'll talk you through an oil and filters service.
    Oh my God. I remember those. My mate did it on the first bus a had. 32' Ford Viceroy (turbo) in '93.

I forgot about oil. There's that long thing metal thing in the engine somewhere. The oil should come between the two notches, init?

I shall look later.

Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I checked mine the other day, 25's in the rears (not too bad) 8 and 12 in the fronts
    I'm sorry but that must be bar. Gentlemen talk in psi.

{See how much I've learned?}

Oh my God. I remember those. My mate did it on the first bus a had. 32' Ford Viceroy (turbo) in '93.

I forgot about oil. There's that long thing metal thing in the engine somewhere. The oil should come between the two notches, init?

I shall look later.

Good man.
    Yes. A car which is not, shall we say, in the first flush of youth really needs to have its oil checked regularly, lest it go bang and seize up in an alarming and expensive fashion.

I'm sorry but that must be bar. Gentlemen talk in psi.

{See how much I've learned?}
    That's a decent effort g, but I really doubt his rears had 25 bar... :heh:

Yes. A car which is not, shall we say, in the first flush of youth really needs to have its oil checked regularly, lest it go bang and seize up in an alarming and expensive fashion.
    Thank you. Do you believe in these additives you put in the oil and fuel (or is it only diesel?)

When I bought that bus, my mate got us to buy a pot of something and pour it in when we changed the oil and fuel filters, but I think it was more sort of a votive offering to the gods to hippy vehicles.

Thank you. Do you believe in these additives you put in the oil and fuel (or is it only diesel?)

When I bought that bus, my mate got us to buy a pot of something and pour it in when we changed the oil and fuel filters, but I think it was more sort of a votive offering to the gods to hippy vehicles.
    A total waste of time, effort and money tbh.

That's a decent effort g, but I really doubt his rears had 25 bar... :heh:
    If GG ever opens up a tyre shop it would be interesting imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'