Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Dylan's massively over-rated imo.

Bob Dylan's massively over-rated imo.

There, I said it.

Feckin horrible voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There, I said it.

Feckin horrible voice.
    There's brave, while v isn't around to clout you firmly in the ear'ole.

I tend to agree, mind. So extremely nasal.

I've seen him live a couple of times, and as you know he's famously contrary and no showman, but you can't get away from what keeps running through your head, which is, "Fúck me, that's Bob fúcking Dylan." So it's a sort of worthwhile experience.

There, I said it.

Feckin horrible voice.
    He’s got a great voice for what he sings.
    Tangled Up In Blue sung by anyone but His Bobness simply doesn’t work. This is the joy of Bob.

All hail, Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's brave, while v isn't around to clout you firmly in the ear'ole.

I tend to agree, mind. So extremely nasal.

I've seen him live a couple of times, and as you know he's famously contrary and no showman, but you can't get away from what keeps running through your head, which is, "Fúck me, that's Bob fúcking Dylan." So it's a sort of worthwhile experience.
    I have to say, the fact that he clearly has total contempt for the audiences at live music events endears him to me even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I have to say, the fact that he clearly has total contempt for the audiences at live music events endears him to me even more.
    Actually he isn't nearly as bad as he's made out. He's about 300 times more personable than Van Morrison, for example.

There, I said it.

Feckin horrible voice.
    great video for Subterranean Homesick Blues.

everything else, a leetel beet sheeet
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

There, I said it.

Feckin horrible voice.

I've come to terms with him. He is a marker and rite of passage for the
    older sector of the Baby Boomer generation and as such it was pretty much a requirement for those folks, now ages 68-74, that he be revered. I have never understood it except in this context. He is more substantive than other 'must revere' Boomer types, Joan Baez for example.

Having said that he was/is an excellent songwriter. Interesting that his political leaning was considered radical left and nowadays you have to place him more right of center/libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    great video for Subterranean Homesick Blues.

everything else, a leetel beet sheeet
    He's the only American poet or writer I consider world class. Some of his poetry {as in lyrics} is divine.

Though obviously, he did opiates for 3 years and went downhill. Coleridge wrote Kubla Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He's the only American poet or writer I consider world class. Some of his poetry {as in lyrics} is divine.

Though obviously, he did opiates for 3 years and went downhill. Coleridge wrote Kubla Khan.
    Walt Whitman? Emily Dickinson? Robert Frost?

Fùck me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Walt Whitman? Emily Dickinson? Robert Frost?

Fùck me.
    I didn't know she wrote poetry but she was mint in that Police Woman show.