Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
You don't like tripe, do you? Pity - I'd love a home made andouillette.

I got a lovely Toulouse sausage from my butchers on Rue Rivoli, but when I was down in the Drôme, the hippy I was staying with got some local sossies from her butchers which she said were better than Toulouse and they were. By far the best bbqed sossies I've ever munched.

They were really fat. Like a big andouillette. Are you gonna make big, juicy fat ones?

And where did you get the intestines from and how much did they cost?

{oh yeah, have you ever bought those fillet tournados in France that have the little strip of fat tied around the disk of beef with a bit of string? I love that. Is there any way you can just buy that? I could eat a plateful, with just a bit of Roquefort sauce on the side to dip it in to occasionally.}

filet.jpg
No, the tripe pleaseth me not, g. I'm going to make big fat juicy ones with red wine and fennel and paprika and parsely and a secret ingredient of my own.

I purchased to sausage skins from Amazon. £7 for 13 metres of guts. I'm not going to make 13 metres of sausage, I don't think.

Your butcher should give you soem beef fat if you ask nicely. But it's make your house smell like a medieval peasants'.