Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hog's intestines have arrived, boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You don't like tripe, do you? Pity - I'd love a home made andouillette.

I got a lovely Toulouse sausage from my butchers on Rue Rivoli, but when I was down in the Drôme, the hippy I was staying with got some local sossies from her butchers which she said were better than Toulouse and they were. By far the best bbqed sossies I've ever munched.

They were really fat. Like a big andouillette. Are you gonna make big, juicy fat ones?

And where did you get the intestines from and how much did they cost?

{oh yeah, have you ever bought those fillet tournados in France that have the little strip of fat tied around the disk of beef with a bit of string? I love that. Is there any way you can just buy that? I could eat a plateful, with just a bit of Roquefort sauce on the side to dip it in to occasionally.}

Attachment 1098
    No, the tripe pleaseth me not, g. I'm going to make big fat juicy ones with red wine and fennel and paprika and parsely and a secret ingredient of my own.

I purchased to sausage skins from Amazon. £7 for 13 metres of guts. I'm not going to make 13 metres of sausage, I don't think.

Your butcher should give you soem beef fat if you ask nicely. But it's make your house smell like a medieval peasants'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nice. I suppose you enjoy your Aunt Bessie's frozn roast potatoes as well, do you?

Imagine eating sausages from a shop. How extremely common.
    Ps. Donkey.

I love Merguez but have only once found the ones made out of Eyeore. They're lush. The meat's a lot coarser, like wild salmon compared to farmed.

Get a donkey and chop it up. Lots of Maghreb spices. This way, Jonny Beur can much a sossy without offending Allah. So nice of the French, don't you think? Allowing their colonised natives the pleasures of their cuisine without needing to break their caste. My French commie mate's grandad won a Legion d'Honneur in WW1, which rather helped him in a court case. And I'm sure he only fought so heroically because they gave him Merguez.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Ps. Donkey.

I love Merguez but have only once found the ones made out of Eyeore. They're lush. The meat's a lot coarser, like wild salmon compared to farmed.

Get a donkey and chop it up. Lots of Maghreb spices. This way, Jonny Beur can much a sossy without offending Allah. So nice of the French, don't you think? Allowing their colonised natives the pleasures of their cuisine without needing to break their caste. My French commie mate's grandad won a Legion d'Honneur in WW1, which rather helped him in a court case. And I'm sure he only fought so heroically because they gave him Merguez.
    I'm off merguez, I overdid di it on the greasy little buggers.

Same with donkeys.

I've had a grinder for a while, but I've just got my head around the sausage nozzle.

This is going to be gross, isn't it?
    You've got your head around.the sausage nozzle???
    Have to hand it to herbs , he got the ball rolling with his own coming out party this week

No, the tripe pleaseth me not, g. I'm going to make big fat juicy ones with red wine and fennel and paprika and parsely and a secret ingredient of my own.

I purchased to sausage skins from Amazon. £7 for 13 metres of guts. I'm not going to make 13 metres of sausage, I don't think.

Your butcher should give you soem beef fat if you ask nicely. But it's make your house smell like a medieval peasants'.
    Oooh, let me know how you make them with the red wine.

Also, sorry to be thick, but some sossies are thin like merguez and chipolatas and some are fat like andouillettes. Are you saying the same gut you've bought will make both? If so, why don't think sossies have thicker skin? Or do they, but I just don't noctice?

You don't know how to make saucisson, do you? I'd love to make my own. Some with cepes, some with truffles.

Oooh, let me know how you make them with the red wine.

Also, sorry to be thick, but some sossies are thin like merguez and chipolatas and some are fat like andouillettes. Are you saying the same gut you've bought will make both? If so, why don't think sossies have thicker skin? Or do they, but I just don't noctice?

You don't know how to make saucisson, do you? I'd love to make my own. Some with cepes, some with truffles.
    I'm just going to chuck a bit of wine into the minced pig.

I know nothing of different sausage sizes - I'm on a journey of discovery here.

Saucisson is science, isn't it? Finding a way to stop the germies eating your meat? Sounds difficult to me and potentially dangerous.

I'm off merguez, I overdid di it on the greasy little buggers.

Same with donkeys.
    I love fresh baguettes, it's just the nicest bread. So when I was making roquefort sauce for my mate, I'd dip bits in to test it, and just eat the rest from the pan during the night.

But my mate couldn't believe I'd do the same with the merguez fat from the frying pan. It's lush. Chic bread and drippin'.

The merguez in the butchers were twice the price of the supermarkets but well worth it if you're eating them properly, not just a snack in a baguette with mustard.

But if you ever find a place selling donkey ones, you should try one. Though I've been asking non-stop since, I've never found them again since '97 in the banlieu.

I'm just going to chuck a bit of wine into the minced pig.

I know nothing of different sausage sizes - I'm on a journey of discovery here.

Saucisson is science, isn't it? Finding a way to stop the germies eating your meat? Sounds difficult to me and potentially dangerous.
    Aaah. Ok. If I started importing the very best quality saucisson would you be a potential customer? They'd be pricey. Cepes were €8 out there and the truffled €14 but they were divine.

But let me know how your voyage of discovery goes. Is there a max and min thickness you can make with said Amazon intestines? Do you just tie a knot in the end?

I've bought some basil and pine nuts and am going to try to make that dressing that you get in little packets with the carpaccio out there. I shall make some and try on a packet of besoala I have in the fridge, just to check. And if it works, or I suss out how to change it so it's right, I shall then try to make my own carpaccio.

The internet says use the ball of your hand to press the slices thin. Do you think a rolling pin would work?

Aaah. Ok. If I started importing the very best quality saucisson would you be a potential customer? They'd be pricey. Cepes were €8 out there and the truffled €14 but they were divine.

But let me know how your voyage of discovery goes. Is there a max and min thickness you can make with said Amazon intestines? Do you just tie a knot in the end?

I've bought some basil and pine nuts and am going to try to make that dressing that you get in little packets with the carpaccio out there. I shall make some and try on a packet of besoala I have in the fridge, just to check. And if it works, or I suss out how to change it so it's right, I shall then try to make my own carpaccio.

The internet says use the ball of your hand to press the slices thin. Do you think a rolling pin would work?
    It's a bag of pig's guts man, it doesn't come with instructions or parameters. I intend to suck it and see, as it were. Perhaps I'll give them a rinse before the sucking.

Pesto? I'm making gnocchi with pesto tonight. The secret is to use more garlic, more basil and more parmesan than seems reasonable.

When I've made carpaccio I've made it thin by slicing it thin. Part-freezing it first helps. I've never heard of rolling it thin, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

It's a bag of pig's guts man, it doesn't come with instructions or parameters. I intend to suck it and see, as it were. Perhaps I'll give them a rinse before the sucking.

Pesto? I'm making gnocchi with pesto tonight. The secret is to use more garlic, more basil and more parmesan than seems reasonable.

When I've made carpaccio I've made it thin by slicing it thin. Part-freezing it first helps. I've never heard of rolling it thin, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.
    Oh yeah, I part freeze it when I make carpaccio de thon as it makes it easier to slice. And a youtube vid says do the same with the beef. But then says you use the ball of your hand to make each slice thinner. That's why I was thinking about using a rolling pin. But I guess your hand gives you more control.

The saucey thing I'm making isn't like a pesto, it's more of a very, very basilly vinaigrette but my French mates say no vinegar. Just pine nuts and garlic with the oil and basil.

When you buy the packets of carpaccio in the supermarket they come with little sachets, either with parmesan or this basil dressing and I much prefer the latter. That's what I'm going for.

I know the pig isn't going to tell you how to use its guts, I just wondered whether there is a maximum thickness you can make. I know nothing about biology - I only did it for one year, but I remember the teacher saying there are small and large intestines.

What I was sort of asking is whether you use one type for merguez size and the other for andouillette size.

But do post a pic of your handywork when it's done.