Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Reyes prang at 135mph

Reyes prang at 135mph

Don't remember him being that quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

There's a joke here about going really fast and then making a bad decision.

But I won't make it as I loved that little gypo.

Didn't Zidane famously ask if he was on a motorbike when he tore Real Madrid a new one in one of his early games?

Poor Jose Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Didn't Zidane famously ask if he was on a motorbike when he tore Real Madrid a new one in one of his early games?

Poor Jose Antonio.
    Indeed

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Should have handed the wheel to Thierry, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Should have handed the wheel to Thierry, imo.
    Apparently he was on the phone to Jonathon, and heard he was only being offered £55k a week.

Sorry Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    There's a joke here about going really fast and then making a bad decision.

But I won't make it as I loved that little gypo.
    That joke would be better if we were talking about Theo Walcott dying in a 135mph car crash.
    But Theo would never do anything that interesting, the tedious, living-stealing, coffee machine-bothering cùnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That joke would be better if we were talking about Theo Walcott dying in a 135mph car crash.
    But Theo would never do anything that interesting, the tedious, living-stealing, coffee machine-bothering cùnt.
    Well there were those unmentionable people (and not just Neg) who claimed that Jose Antonio was just as bad as Theo at the 'run fast and screw up' approach to football. They were all wrong, of course, and while anyone with a heartbeat is more interesting than Theo, Jose Antonio never struck me as someone I'd want to spend any time with.

Now his mother would be a different matter as she was responsible for this:

Journo: Has Jose Antonio started to learn English since his move to Arsenal?
    JAR's mother: English? He can barely speak Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well there were those unmentionable people (and not just Neg) who claimed that Jose Antonio was just as bad as Theo at the 'run fast and screw up' approach to football. They were all wrong, of course, and while anyone with a heartbeat is more interesting than Theo, Jose Antonio never struck me as someone I'd want to spend any time with.

Now his mother would be a different matter as she was responsible for this:

Journo: Has Jose Antonio started to learn English since his move to Arsenal?
    JAR's mother: English? He can barely speak Spanish.

Ah the good old days, when a furriner was still a novelty and he arrived with his countrymen's stereotypical baggage. I remember being a bit peeved that in every article Arsene was "The Frenchman". Now you have sovereign nations owning clubs with horrific human rights abuses and nothing resembling a democracy, free press, etc., and we are now too timid to mildly object.

I must confess, it's losing its luster and intrigue. Why I became a fan of English football and specifically The Arsenal is now but a faint glimmer. It's getting harder and harder to pretend these days.