Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaaaaaand Labour are backtracking on a second referendum.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well we all have a chance to shape that change, don't we? Indeed, those of us who voted Leave voted explicitly for change. Now we couldn't have foreseen that our established order - rather than doing the wise and historically tried-and-trusted British thing of allowing evolutionary change to prevent revolutionary change - has dug its heels in and thus effectively guaranteed the latter. But given that that has been the case, it's clearer than ever that change is necessary and desirable.

The Peterborough by-election result will be such fun. Some will dismiss it as a protest vote and something which can happen from time to time in the middle of a parliamentary session. This is not the SDP in the early 80s - this is a sea change in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well we all have a chance to shape that change, don't we? Indeed, those of us who voted Leave voted explicitly for change. Now we couldn't have foreseen that our established order - rather than doing the wise and historically tried-and-trusted British thing of allowing evolutionary change to prevent revolutionary change - has dug its heels in and thus effectively guaranteed the latter. But given that that has been the case, it's clearer than ever that change is necessary and desirable.
    I despise May's deal, but that would have been the evolutionary change of which you speak.

Instead, it was voted down by the ERG no-dealers.

Two score rabid Tories does not the established order make.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course that will leave us with the tricky question of who to vote for. And who gets to govern. There doesn't appear to be anyone, you know, competent.
    HMQ should prorogue Parl, introduce STV with multi-member constituencies by royal decree and then call a general election.

You think I jest, but it's probably the best way out of this Brexit impasse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course that will leave us with the tricky question of who to vote for. And who gets to govern. There doesn't appear to be anyone, you know, competent.
    I imagine Lib Dems & Brexit Party (if run at GE) will become big forces. Cannot see one party winning outright we might have a few coalitions for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    ... we might have a few coalitions for a while.
    We?

I thought you is a septic..?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We?

What does that even mean?

septic, sherman... he thinks you are a yankee doodle dandy.

The rest of us think you are a ****
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Aren't an Allen John?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We?

I wish I was a Yank. This country is rubbish. I want Trump to be my President... But no I am from Finchley.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The rest of us think you are a ****
    Cheers m8. When a beta cuck thinks I'm a **** it means I'm doing a good job.