Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaaaaaand Labour are backtracking on a second referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    ... we might have a few coalitions for a while.
    We?

I thought you is a septic..?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We?

I thought you is a septic..?
    What does that even mean?

septic, sherman... he thinks you are a yankee doodle dandy.

The rest of us think you are a ****
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESy-Z8vqMrE

I'm filling in for redgunamo
    Soppy synth playing ****s

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Soppy synth playing ****s
    There is nothing wrong with synths, h.

Soppy ****s, maybe.

But not synthesisers. Apart from the DX7.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course that will leave us with the tricky question of who to vote for. And who gets to govern. There doesn't appear to be anyone, you know, competent.
    HMQ should prorogue Parl, introduce STV with multi-member constituencies by royal decree and then call a general election.

You think I jest, but it's probably the best way out of this Brexit impasse.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well we all have a chance to shape that change, don't we? Indeed, those of us who voted Leave voted explicitly for change. Now we couldn't have foreseen that our established order - rather than doing the wise and historically tried-and-trusted British thing of allowing evolutionary change to prevent revolutionary change - has dug its heels in and thus effectively guaranteed the latter. But given that that has been the case, it's clearer than ever that change is necessary and desirable.
    I despise May's deal, but that would have been the evolutionary change of which you speak.

Instead, it was voted down by the ERG no-dealers.

Two score rabid Tories does not the established order make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I despise May's deal, but that would have been the evolutionary change of which you speak.

Instead, it was voted down by the ERG no-dealers.

Two score rabid Tories does not the established order make.
    The idea that it was the ERG who kept us in Europe is possibly the stupidest take remainers come up with.

The EU have explicitly and gleefully said - on camera, mind - that this deal was designed to and did make us a colony of the EU. It was not leaving in any meaningful sense and kept us in the mechanisms of the EU. It was specifically designed by remainers to effectively keep us under the heel of the EU.

Aren't an Allen John?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The idea that it was the ERG who kept us in Europe is possibly the stupidest take remainers come up with.

The EU have explicitly and gleefully said - on camera, mind - that this deal was designed to and did make us a colony of the EU. It was not leaving in any meaningful sense and kept us in the mechanisms of the EU. It was specifically designed by remainers to effectively keep us under the heel of the EU.
    The bottom line is that had the ERG voted with the whip, we'd be out of the EU now.

During the 2016 vote, none of the leave campaigns advocated no deal. Farrage openly discussed being in the SM (Norway) and the CU (Switz), both of which would have made us rule takers, and as such, just as much a "colony."

So 52% voted for a from of Brexit which would have involved some form of vassalage. May's govt put this to Parl 3 times. The only reason it didn't pass was because the ERG voted against said Govt.

There is no way that a no deal Brexit could be described as evolutionary change by historical British standards. It would be completely revolutionary. You'd have to go back to 1649 to find such a break with the existing order.

So please explain simply what deal you'd have tried to get 2016-19 with the EU that would be both "evolutionary" and avoid making us, to some extent, "a colony of the EU", to the extent that as opposed to pooling sovereignty, we would take rules over which we had no say.

And that's before we mention the Irish border.

There's no such thing as an "evolutionary" no deal Brexit. And that, coupled with the Irish border, has been the crux of the problem.