Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaaaaaand Labour are backtracking on a second referendum.

Aaaaaaand Labour are backtracking on a second referendum.

Between watching Labour flip-flopping between two potentially party-destroying options and an endless parade of Tory leadership candidates attempting to secure support by espousing policies that the actual membership of the Tory party (upon whom their candidacy depends) absolutely fúcking hate, it is increasingly hard not to feel that the old two-party system may be irretrievably broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Between watching Labour flip-flopping between two potentially party-destroying options and an endless parade of Tory leadership candidates attempting to secure support by espousing policies that the actual membership of the Tory party (upon whom their candidacy depends) absolutely fúcking hate, it is increasingly hard not to feel that the old two-party system may be irretrievably broken.
    With a bit of luck b.

Of course that will leave us with the tricky question of who to vote for. And who gets to govern. There doesn't appear to be anyone, you know, competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    With a bit of luck b.
    I tend to agree, h. Rip it up and start again. Social class is such an outmoded basis for political parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course that will leave us with the tricky question of who to vote for. And who gets to govern. There doesn't appear to be anyone, you know, competent.
    Well someone will, won't they? The amazing thing is the way that Brexit has proved the most extraordinary catalyst for radical political change in this country since the First World War. It has changed absolutely everything and I do think that's sort of wonderful.

Well someone will, won't they? The amazing thing is the way that Brexit has proved the most extraordinary catalyst for radical political change in this country since the First World War. It has changed absolutely everything and I do think that's sort of wonderful.
    Change can be wonderful, of course, but that depends on what the changed thing changes into.

Ask Gregor Samsa for his views of metamorphosis and see what he has to say on the matter.

Change can be wonderful, of course, but that depends on what the changed thing changes into.

Ask Gregor Samsa for his views of metamorphosis and see what he has to say on the matter.
    Well we all have a chance to shape that change, don't we? Indeed, those of us who voted Leave voted explicitly for change. Now we couldn't have foreseen that our established order - rather than doing the wise and historically tried-and-trusted British thing of allowing evolutionary change to prevent revolutionary change - has dug its heels in and thus effectively guaranteed the latter. But given that that has been the case, it's clearer than ever that change is necessary and desirable.

Well we all have a chance to shape that change, don't we? Indeed, those of us who voted Leave voted explicitly for change. Now we couldn't have foreseen that our established order - rather than doing the wise and historically tried-and-trusted British thing of allowing evolutionary change to prevent revolutionary change - has dug its heels in and thus effectively guaranteed the latter. But given that that has been the case, it's clearer than ever that change is necessary and desirable.

The Peterborough by-election result will be such fun. Some will dismiss it as a protest vote and something which can happen from time to time in the middle of a parliamentary session. This is not the SDP in the early 80s - this is a sea change in politics.

I tend to agree, h. Rip it up and start again. Social class is such an outmoded basis for political parties.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESy-Z8vqMrE

I'm filling in for redgunamo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I imagine Lib Dems & Brexit Party (if run at GE) will become big forces. Cannot see one party winning outright we might have a few coalitions for a while.