Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funnily enough, I recently attended the Mayfield Agricultural Show

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I frequently give the good Lord a nod of thanks for the unsurpassable blessing of being born an englishman. But I have to say the only other nationality I could bear to be is american. Rock 'n roll ya see? Without them, we would all still be singing hymns. Imagine being german.
    Hang on there. Without us chasing generations of Celts out of the country so they could go and sing their odd nasal music in the Blue Ridge Mountains or wherever and shipping slaves to the colonies in gargantuan numbers, there'd be no rock and roll. The credit ultimately lies with us.

I frequently give the good Lord a nod of thanks for the unsurpassable blessing of being born an englishman. But I have to say the only other nationality I could bear to be is american. Rock 'n roll ya see? Without them, we would all still be singing hymns. Imagine being german.
    Do you like Doo Wop?

Folk music predates most of those ghastly hymns tbf, though I quite like a gregorian chant.

Them African chaps would have invented rock no roll eventually, h.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Them African chaps would have invented rock no roll eventually, h.
    Nah. Left to their own devices, they could only come up with reggae and Labia Siffre.

They needed the celtic influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nah. Left to their own devices, they could only come up with reggae and Labia Siffre.

They needed the celtic influence.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1tv_gCOUA

Covering for reds again
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on there. Without us chasing generations of Celts out of the country so they could go and sing their odd nasal music in the Blue Ridge Mountains or wherever and shipping slaves to the colonies in gargantuan numbers, there'd be no rock and roll. The credit ultimately lies with us.
    GPWM .. damn those Yanqi to hell