Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overrated things: Beer festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    'Chocolatey malt'
    'Floral notes'
    I love a chocolatey stout or porter. Yum.

I recently had a pint of something that had definite mango undertones. Wonderfully refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing is, I love real ale and actually think CAMRA did important work back in the day defeating the evil of keg bitter. But the fact remains that the movement attracts the sort of men who use terms like 'quaffable', 'floral notes' and 'chocolatey malt' when describing beer. Headgear, basically.
    For the uninitiated, what is or was keg bitter?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    in short - cask beers finish the brewing process in the barrel. A Keg beer has been already brewed and is ready to drink.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You can still get keg bitters in places like cross-channel ferries and football matches. It's things like McEwan's or John Smiths. Filth, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Drinking warm beer out of plastic cups - usually while while standing up and surrounded by the sort of people (let's face it: men) who attend beer festivals. You end up drinking several beers you don't like rather than just sticking with one you do (as you would in a pub) and paying an entry fee for the privilege.

Balls to that.
    Plastic cups at a beer festival? You’re making it up. One of the main things about beer festivals is the ****y glass they make you buy. With you on the attendees.