Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I must say, the press are loving our demise.

I must say, the press are loving our demise.

Having repeatedly stated the club have only £40m to splash in total over the summer, they roll out three £50m targets who we’ve now missed out on signing because of our CL failure.
    I mean, which is it then ? .

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/31/unai-emery-misses-three-transfer-targets-arsenals-europa-league-final-defeat-9753388/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Having repeatedly stated the club have only £40m to splash in total over the summer, they roll out three £50m targets who we’ve now missed out on signing because of our CL failure.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/31/unai-...t-9753388/amp/
    £40m if in the EL, £80-90m if in CL
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    £40m if in the EL, £80-90m if in CL
    Is this a "we understand that....." or did someone within the club actually say that?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Is this a "we understand that....." or did someone within the club actually say that?
    The BBC reporter who seems to be well informed has been spouting this and has been picked up by every news feed
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The BBC reporter who seems to be well informed has been spouting this and has been picked up by every news feed
    Ornstein? Does tend to get quite a bit wrong IIRC

I'd be interested to see how much teams that finished below us (ManU are more exceptions) actually spend this summer.... and Spurs given their stadium.

I'm also rather disappointed with the lack of promotion from the youth team over the past 20 years. AMN, Wilshere, Cashley..... has there been much more? I wonder whether Emery will be expected to try this approach?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/31/unai-...t-9753388/amp/
    If we don’t use two or three of the lads from the youth team now, then what’s the point in having an academy? We’re looking at a 3-4 year rebuild. Take the hit now and offload Ozil and co. Otherwise it’s another wasted year next season. Get the wage bill back into some sort of order. What’s the point in paying Ozil, Mikki and even Auba CL level wages, if those players can’t even get us into the CL? Promote a few of the young wingers like Nelson, Willock and maybe even Sako. Spend the money we do have in CD and CM.

A couple of medium level signings isn’t going to improve us enough now. We need to tear it apart and rebuild properly.