Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll tell you what's worse than Arsenal losing, trying to lose weight, that's what

I'll tell you what's worse than Arsenal losing, trying to lose weight, that's what

post my trip to Canada and NY I maxed out at 15 st 8 lbs - not good

Down to just over 15 st now but want to lose a bit more.

Tue - wanted beer post work, drank light tonic
    Wed - wanted loads of beer/wine with the football, drank 2 cans of lager and one glass of wine
    Thu morning - wanted a bacon sarnie, had an M&S fruit package with mango and watermelon
    Thu lunch - wanted a 5 Guys double cheese n bacon burger, had a Pret Italian salad

Life is sh1t right now

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Wed - wanted loads of beer/wine with the football, drank 2 cans of lager and one glass of wine
    Thu morning - wanted a bacon sarnie, had an M&S fruit package with mango and watermelon
    Thu lunch - wanted a 5 Guys double cheese n bacon burger, had a Pret Italian salad

Life is sh1t right now
    it's quite easy sir. You just have to decide to do it. I don't regret losing a load of weight the past couple of years. should have done it much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it's quite easy sir. You just have to decide to do it. I don't regret losing a load of weight the past couple of years. should have done it much sooner.
    I'm good at exercise, Pat. 4 times a week to the gym, tennis or hockey at the weekend, even the odd run to Bramley and back.

But I'm weak when it comes to diet. I want beer and wine and crisps and cheese and bacon and sausages all sorts. Hard to lose weight consuming what I consume.

Did you diet or exercise or both? If diet, what did you cut out?

I'm good at exercise, Pat. 4 times a week to the gym, tennis or hockey at the weekend, even the odd run to Bramley and back.

But I'm weak when it comes to diet. I want beer and wine and crisps and cheese and bacon and sausages all sorts. Hard to lose weight consuming what I consume.

I did diet as I am lazy.

I went extreme for a while with this Keto diet, Not for everyone but I did it for a while it broke all my habits of eating stuff full of sugar.I used to down cans of coke like they were going out of business so i removed that and stuff like crisps. I am not much of a drinker so that wasn't a factor.

I lost 30lbs and went down to 12 stone, but i just eat whatever now i keep an eye if it goes over a certain amount.
    on the other hand i had to buy completely new clothes.

I think this might help...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Compare the calories in booze/fries/cheeseburger to the calories expended in a workout....

You'll have your answer then.

Life is sh1t right now
    Just go for a run you lazy fat ****.

It’s not difficult. Burn more calories than you eat. Fat greedy pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

It’s difficult to fit a marathon in every day when you have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Running knacks the knees a little bit though, doesn't it? Or ankles. Especially if supporting a pound or two over the optimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Running knacks the knees a little bit though, doesn't it? Or ankles. Especially if supporting a pound or two over the optimum.
    New research* shows that running is no where near as bad for the joints as had previously been thought; and those excess pounds won't be there very long if you give it enough welly.

I had one non-functioning knee joint and a similarly decrepit ankle, but after using cycling for a couple of years to build some muscle, they have reacted extremely well to running - indeed, prior to starting regular running I wouldn't have made it anywhere near a Wainwright.

*Something I read in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago.