Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have decided to stop identifying as a football fan.

I have decided to stop identifying as a football fan.

When people talk to me about football, I shall simply look blankly at them, then smile and say 'I'm sorry, I don't really follow football' and then change the subject. No more football banter, no more painful conversations with Tottenham supporters and no more feeling duty bound to defend the Arsenal when they're slagged off by supporters of other teams.

Just think how liberating it will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When people talk to me about football, I shall simply look blankly at them, then smile and say 'I'm sorry, I don't really follow football' and then change the subject. No more football banter, no more painful conversations with Tottenham supporters and no more feeling duty bound to defend the Arsenal when they're slagged off by supporters of other teams.

well, yes, but you'll have to take up politics or the like so something else can become the target of your loathing
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It's the Cricket you need to quit b. That's what really turns you into a ghastly old ****.

How would we notice the difference?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

You did that when you traded the Ashes in 2005
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It's impossible for me to do that. When asked, I just say, "Yes Arsenal are abysmal at the moment." It takes the wind right of our anybody's sails, especially when they see how little I really care about the fact.

Not sure why you need to - all you need to do is tell them the truth. You loathe European football and couldn't care less how Arsenal do.

They would naturally assume that you therefore don't care how Spurs do on Saturday night.

That's the spirit! Chin up, stiff upper lip and all that.

Bless your heart, but I’ve known you almost 20 years, and of all your qualities, good or and, you have never been any5hingclose to being a football fan. In 2004 you were bitching about how **** Thierry Henry was, for all love. No, stickball is you4 thing, and that’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Bless your heart, but I’ve known you almost 20 years, and of all your qualities, good or and, you have never been any5hingclose to being a football fan. In 2004 you were bitching about how **** Thierry Henry was, for all love. No, stickball is you4 thing, and that’s fine.
    Did he ever stand four square on the old North Bank like us c, repelling the invading Irons with his bare fists? I very much doubt it.