Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Emery have the dignity to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well Xhaka wasn’t a huge transfer money wise but I agree he’s a fundamental problem. Ozil just doesn’t fit and he was never that good under Wenger either. Mustafi we shouldn’t speak about.

I’d happily ship all three out if we could get a central defender, a LB and a midfielder to play with Lucas. Maybe a wide attacking player as well. But the important thing is not so much that buy players in certain positions but that we buy players we can afford who will improve. Spurs funded themselves with the sale of Bale and others, Liverpool with Coutinho and Suarez. We just need to get better in the transfer market. Wenger had lost his touch and we are now paying the price.
    Xhaka at 35m was a huge deal at the time. Aboomerang, a genuine World class player and forward in his prime didn't cost much more a couple of years later.

Yeah I'd happily ship all of Xhaka, Ozil and Mustafi off the wage bill and bring in one CB. Then just hope the big young Greek (terrible and big injuries this season)steps up next year as well as Emile Smith Rowe. Both of those look to have serious talent and worth gambling on if they can be fit for pre season

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Best we can hope for is Holding replacing Mustafi, Chambers for Xhaka and maybe ESR for Ozil.

Hopefully Holding will be back...welbeck is back, Bellerin training again so maybe he’ll heal quicker too.

Problem is I don’t think Ozil wants to leave so only way is to hound him out now.

I’ve got no idea how in today’s market of severely inflated prices you make £25m work.

Might consider listening to offers for Aboomerang and keeping Welbeck to be honest with you. That should get some money in.
    Giroud brought in on a free. (probably a 10m signing on fee) and laca sold for 40m before his new contract and signing on fee would be good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Xhaka at 35m was a huge deal at the time. Aboomerang, a genuine World class player and forward in his prime didn't cost much more a couple of years later.

Yeah I'd happily ship all of Xhaka, Ozil and Mustafi off the wage bill and bring in one CB. Then just hope the big young Greek (terrible and big injuries this season)steps up next year as well as Emile Smith Rowe. Both of those look to have serious talent and worth gambling on if they can be fit for pre season
    We need options in both full back positions, a centre back and an attacking midfielder. That's just a start. Priority is going to have to be pruning the **** and the overpaid- mustafi, Ozil, kolasinac for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Count Abramovich’s billions you halfwit.
    Count our billions cocksucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We need options in both full back positions, a centre back and an attacking midfielder. That's just a start. Priority is going to have to be pruning the **** and the overpaid- mustafi, Ozil, kolasinac for a start.
    Yeah in Emery's formation and style the full backs are the most important players. Our season died on it's arse when Bellerin died.

Sack him, get a Eddie Howe in, sell everyone and rebuild with the kids and a couple of signings.

Let’s make 10th place count for something so we have a something to build upon for 2020-21 and beyond imo

Team for next season

Leno

Maitland
    Chambers
    Holding
    Sessengon

Torreira
    Willock

Nelson
    ESR
    Fraser

Welbeck

Maybe we entice Troy Deeney over.

Anyone I didn’t name can leave even Aboomerang and Lacazette

Eddie and Tyreece John Jules can step up imo

Sack him, get a Eddie Howe in, sell everyone and rebuild with the kids and a couple of signings.

Let’s make 10th place count for something so we have a something to build upon for 2020-21 and beyond imo

Team for next season

Leno

Maitland
    Chambers
    Holding
    Sessengon

Torreira
    Willock

Nelson
    ESR
    Fraser

Welbeck

New manager looks inevitable. Max Allegri or Zardu Hasslefrau imo

Team for next season

Leno

Maitland
    Chambers
    Holding
    Sessengon

Torreira
    Willock

Nelson
    ESR
    Fraser

Welbeck

Hard to play Wellbeck when it is him that wants to leave and didn't want to discuss a new contract
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Yeah in Emery's formation and style the full backs are the most important players. Our season died on it's arse when Bellerin died.
    Very true re the fullbacks, which is of course why he rarely plays 4 at the back. Why would you when AMN and Kolasinac are your options (maybe Monreal but he needs him in the back 3)? It also means that if you play 3 up front as is his want, your 2 midfielders need to be disciplined and, ideally, athletic. Xhaka is neither of those and Lucas is still young and learning.

A CB, LB, midfielder and attacking player will do for next year - along with the return to full health of Holding and Hector.